Nottingham - A great night!

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nottingham - A great night!

Wow! What a great night in Nottingham.  Thank you, Vera Clark, for organizing this night for us all.  As usual the standard was very high.  BlackJackDavey and London Calling were terrific performance poets and I always enjoy the poems by Luigi Pagano.  Not forgetting Bear and Scratch as I follow both of them when I can and I love Tony's grumpy old man.  Vera's rant against the cosmetic industry was hilarious and she too is a good performance-poet.  I could go on but I will be sure to forget someone and I wouldn't like to do that as everyone not only read really well but what they read was of such a high standard that it made the night one of the best.  It was lovely to see everyone I have met before and to meet others I had not. Airy fairy being one and Phillip Sydney who came as a surprise to me.

Thank you to Luigi and Bear for their gifts.  I will enjoy one while reading the other.  Thank you to Pat and Terry, members of The Parkinson's Players, who took me to the venue and who thoroughly enjoyed the evening.  So well done everyone.you are all stars!

Moya    

Lovely to see you Moya. Thanks for making the journey and your piece made us all cry with laughter. Enjoyed the evening. Thanks to all. 

Hunting for Berocca.

Thanks Vera and everyone for a thouroughly enjoyable and inspirational evening.

It was indeed a fantastic night. To meet people whom I knew only by their pseudonym and listen to their powerful voices was a treat. In addition to the writers that Moya mentions I finally came face to face with Lisa H whose name I frequently came across on ABC and exchanged a few reminiscences about Italy and lake Lugano with JohnShade whose prose, poetry and prosetry were delivered with style and panache. Thanks to everybody who made it an enjoyable and relaxing evening.

Moya, have you posted that piece you read? I’d like to savour it again.

Yes, Luigi, I  posted it quite some time ago.  I think it was 2013 and it was the piece that a chap wanted to make a short film  for taking to festivals  but in the end he couldn't finance it.

I don't know how you did it, but I loved Trial Period the piece you managed to sneak into my bag.  What a great but concise ending.  LIke Alan Bennett, you gave just one clue right at the beginning which made for a satisfactory, but surprising ending.   Loved it and have started your book which so far is also very good.

Lovely to see you and Joy there,

Moya

I'll add my thanks to Vera for organising and for everyone there. The readings were truly absorbing, thought-provoking and side-splitting. I was in awe! How wonderful to gather in a room full of warm human beings such as you lot. :)

I've been to almost all of the ABCtales evening over the years and that was one of the very best. Incredible effort all round - it makes me proud. Thank you especially to Vera for organising but to all of you for reading or just coming along to listen. Fantastic. Worth the long drive from Devon and back!

xx

Tony

It was good to hear a poem of Bee's too, courtesy of Bear. Look forward to the next one and hope you all had safe journeys home.