Peace&Love

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Peace&Love

I have an ongoing battle within my head about peace, love, hate & anger..
I wonder if it is truely possible for one to be happy, content & at peace with everything in their life.. Not just about some things, but about all things.. I see so many people just rush thru in life now days, never really stopping to enjoy what's around them & how beautiful the world truely is.. When was the last time that you watched the sunset, or listened to the rain or felt the grass under your feet? Chances are you can't remember.. When was the last time you breathed a sigh of relieve, knowing that everything in the world was in the right place at the right time? That kind of stuff does not happen on it's own.. Anymore, you have to go out & make that happen.. What good does it do to walk around angry & full of hate? It doesn't hurt anyone or anything but the person doing the hating.. I don't mean love like one see's in the movies.. That kind of love does not exsit.. The love I am talking about is one of epic propotions.. Love because we are all human & need to feel that kind of emotion.. Love because it is what we should do.. Love because that is what the world needs.. Love someone for who they are, not what they can do for you.. Love someone because you have gotten to know them far better than you ever thought possible.. Be at peace with what God has given you & strive for more.. Work for what you want, not just go out & take it.. There is so much violence & corrupt in our world today that I think people who be absolutely shocked by love, peace & happiness.. I think people are scared to love & have peace & happiness.. In conclusion, make a point to express a little love, take time to apperiate the small things, like the smile on a childs face, the rainbow after the rain, & shooting stars.. Forgive the people that have wronged you.. Seek peace within yourself & spread happiness & joy to those around you.. Lets lift one another up instead of bringing one another down.. We are all in this together, we should make the best of it..

I hear ya gypsy, to make a change in the world we must first get to know ourself a little bit better, The process of individuation(CG Jung), religion used to give us the type of brotherly love and inner peace, but now a days its just used as a tool to fuel power to a minority. So religion aint gonna answer any modern problems, but a bit of knowledge and understanding will. I like your name, my mother is a Romany, my dad isnt though, so that makes me a mumpa, Welcome to the journey.....

Until we feel our thoughts our thinking remains unfelt

a universal language & see we are all on this planet are people, that is the way for understanding

"I will make sense with a few reads \^^/ "

new Gypsy Beautiful. words of hymn Peace is like a river flowing from the mountains the wind of the spirit is blowing everywhere Absolutely true. might like to read my "Silence is golden"I think. and quiet music,relax head to toe,someone massage lightly forehead and shoulders. say let all stress go,think of beautiful flowers,and fountains and birds.It works. yes my nan was a bit romany tea leaves and a crystal,ball when I was a young child,naughty dodgy.I don't think many give hugs now,or a kiss, hold hands,means a lot Watch a baby smile,or smile at someone. Like a moth attracts. Peace to you and me. julie x
I’m in a rush to get out into the sunshine so I’m just going to post a few thoughts on this and maybe come back to it later… but it's much deeper than peace and love it's the journey down a cul-de-sac! As writers we are probably aware that many things are inexplicable. It doesn’t mean they can’t be understood but simply that language is unable to convey that which we wish to communicate and so all that can be done is to point people in the right direction and hope for the best. It is more a process of saying ’not that’ because if you can’t tell them what it is you can at least tell the what it isn’t. It is definitely more of an art than a science. The problem has been that science has succeeded in giving us modern miracles like the computer and the car, the walkman and the mobile phone but it has eaten away at the things that kept our spirit up. People tend to worry and without a belief in something it can easily transform into gloom and depression. It’s not easy for most of us to deal with the idea that we live in a world that was created by accident and that there is no justice beyond the variable interpretations of local laws and no moral imperative so it doesn’t really matter what you do so long as you don’t get caught. Good guys come last don’t they? Because we live in a material society we are taught to concentrate on the physical rather than the spiritual and hence children get very little guidance and so many presume that the general ‘vibe’ of violent, aggressive, selfishness is normal. Adults of course have already learned to live with it. So what is spiritual? It just means things that make the sprit sing. Yesterday the weather here was glorious and people were actually singing ad whistling - in ‘high spirits’. The cloud of ‘worry’ lifted for a while and eyes began to see dimly in the bright sunshine, some realised with a start that, for instance, trees are not all the same. Not just lumps of wood with green leaves, but artistic creations with style and character. Some trees have bark that any sculptor would be pleased to imitate in its infinite variation around a common theme. Have leaves that the sunshine ‘dyes’ to various shades of green or red depending on how many leaves it has passed through and the whole is an impossibly intricate pattern, ever changing as it danced in the breeze. But you can’t see it if you don’t look. Joy seems to be confined to football, drugs and bad TV nowadays so it is little wonder that most children want to be “cool” by having the latest gadgets and see parents as people who exist to give them what they want - whhaaaaa! :O) I think that a poem on ABC really hit’s the point - When We Reached Paradise We Blithely Passed It By. Do yourselves a favour, watch Avatar... and dream a little dream!
new Mangone Well explained,thousands go there every day.Way we and nature and world recieves each other,and families and friends,minds split second We can hate,love and forgive,instincts. Love conquers all.listening,feeling,thinking doing.Peace is like a river,flowing down the mountains, The wind of the spirit is blowing everywhere yep it's a hymn,must get back church somewhen.Read my "Shimmy Shimmy Shake" not bad,1st times,all the lawns,and parks,could do.. Papers every day,over powering,worlds happenings.Share and care for each other bring me sunshine in your smile. Watch the fountaions flow, sit by someone's bed say sorry forgive and say love them whatever let them go? Perhaps I should write a book,like AbcTales everyone has a story to tell.Some so deep to even explain on here.We have Avitar is it not played yet,on loan to us. bless you.I agree absolutely poem and all people's views to. julie x
Oops, it was "When Did We Reach Utopia..." http://www.abctales.com/story/cincco/when-did-we-reach-utopia Thanks julie... I'm sure you will enjoy Avatar! Bless you too.
Haha, loving the idea that Avatar is the cure to all our problems. Isn't it just a remake of pocahontus?

Until we feel our thoughts our thinking remains unfelt

“Haha, loving the idea that Avatar is the cure to all our problems. Isn't it just a remake of Pocahontas?” Did you REALLY miss the message about global corporate callousness, greed and exploitation? ‘They killed their own planet and now they are going to kill this one!” The mindset that wanton destruction of anything that stood in the path of profit was okay so long as the collateral damage - the dead - was explainable as unavoidable. That so long as the excuse that such action was a ‘last resort’ could be maintained then the fact that it would inevitably lead to the end of a civilisation and most probably the death of another planet could be added to the “Unfortunate and unforeseen developments” file. The PR department wouldn’t be pleased but the board and the share holders would be. It is a bit like cowboys and Indians in space if that’s all you can see in it. In fact it would not have been much the worse if it had been a film about a greedy government sending out its callous cavalry armed with cannon and machineguns to massacre a peace loving Indian tribe for its oil reserves - if the tribe had been as beautifully portrayed as they were in Avatar and the same skill was employed to draw the viewer into their world - a world of living with nature, of sharing, of caring, of honour! Carefully counter pointed by the soldiers who simply wanted to get their job done and were willing to burn everything down so their masters could build an oil-town. It is obvious why the film has been played down by so many critics because it is a huge threat to all those that live on the scraps that fall from the corporate slush funds, to the bankers and investors who feed off the ravening monster and to the cold, empty hearted, bean counters who decide how best to rip the heart out of the planet while using propaganda to convince an ever increasing number of long suffering stooges that it is all done for their sake. It isn’t meant to cure all our problems but rather to make people see (and feel) the problem and force them to face it!
Topic locked