Angels (continued)

46 posts / 0 new
Last post
Angels (continued)

Note: This is a continuation of the previous forum post from Angels- to Believe in Them or Not to Believe. So all who have followed the other forum may continue here.

Hey, I pretty much made this so that both the human race and the angels out there can express there thoughts and feelings about angels, no matter if you believe in them or don't.
P.S. I'm human.

Most recent post(s): AlbertF: A little cruel, don't you think? FTSE100: I don't think so. My Star Trek acquaintances know perfectly well that others don't share their enthusiasm and consider them a bit - um - odd. Also, they know they aren't really Klingons. Leprechaun: I like being an angel. Savannah

Sav

I met special people who have such a goodness in them, it certainly personifies what an angel must be like. Yes, I believe in angels---just as I believe in love, forgiveness and encouraging one another. Chimo, from Richard LP
Richard L. Provencher
I'm not sure whether I believe in angels. There are a lot of ugly people out there who do not seem to be angels at all- they are so far from an angel realm that I wonder. I don't think I have any angels , not at the moment at all. I think they are too good to be true. Though I must admit there are some people who are as good as gold and may very well have angelic qualities but they don't have that much influence on the course of world events to make a difference. If angels are real their goodness is very restricted. There is just too much badness in the world for me to believe in them. ;)Pia
@ WillyBarKid: What should they be doing? Smashing shop windows and nicking stuff Hmm, well, I will not approve on stealing stuff and breaking other peoples property, but you have to admit it is a pretty good signal to the government that some people are not too happy with their current living standards, right? And do not look at just the UK youth, look across your borders as well, look at Greece, Spain, Italy, France, Germany and Israel. Also look at the near east where young people die for their freedom, while their ancestors just lived though the misery for 2000 years without action. All over the world young people go onto the streets and raise their voices against their living circumstances. Are angels like Tinkerbell? Do they need to be believed in, in order to exist? If you say often enough they do not exist, one day they will become invisible for you because your mind ignores their existance, still others will keep seeing them. 'Look there, on that flower, a fairy!' 'No, that can't be, fairies don't exist' And good for you if you do not need gods and angels, that is a good start, as you really do not need them. @Leprechaun: I like being an angel Well, personally I would not, too limited, but happy you are happy with it.. @FTSE100 Thanks for the comment, and no, I do not dress up as angel :-P. Still I would like to attend an angel convention once, if there are any. As long as I do not have to wear a white dress and wings there (as stereotype angels seem to look like according to some). :-)
Happiness is not always to be seen as running around with a big smile on your face, I know. But also do not confuse 'being happy' with 'accepting the way the world works for you and making the best of it'. Which many did until now: 'Ah well, yes, I was in prison and got beaten up during interrogation after I looked a second too long at the police officer, but that is of course my own fault, I should have looked down as the law tells me to' 'My husband is beating me up, but I bring that up to myself, I love him so much that he wants to do that for me' Anyway, I guess you understand what I mean. With happiness I mean that people can be without fear of being locked up when they have a different opinion of lifestyle or say something the ruler or neighbor does not like. That they have what they need to live a normal life, witout fear, with enough food, good housing, safety, freedom of speech and religious/political direction. And with 'they' I mean: everybody, not just some. And I know the happiness in Libya will stay for a short while until they start to figure out who is going to be te boss unless someone kicks in and controls the process. Changes in happiness levels will always trigger short peaks of euphoria or depression. But all has to be done step by step. The chances that things will be better now are bigger as a few months ago. A good reason to become carefully happy.
Happiness depends a lot on access to the state of being happy. I.e if you are faced with unemployment, redundancy, a mean dictator- all these facts a hindrance for freedom of will and the need for finding inspiration therefore happiness- being a part of a work place, a community where interaction is the soul of inspiration and fellowship between humans, the struggle for democracy and all the community work invovled (The Arabian uprising or Spring as it is called)- the riots in London - if happiness is difficult to access then you will find no angels helping you along the way. I.e if it isn't too easy to be happy- if you are struggling to keep you bread buttered or to oust a dictator there's not much happiness around. But if you are rich it is much easier to get along and thence be happy- (you are a real fool if you are not happy when you are rich). It's much easier to be happy if your fundament is well piloted .ie. if your basic needs are well met- you know what I mean. I am sure that the Libyian people will be much happier building their own democracy with all it includes- a little like the western democracies just without unemployment and the rich people. No! No angels anywhere- the youth are dying in wars- what angel would allow that- or even which god? I may believe though that they have become angels as they die as martyres. They certainly leave a great and honourable spirit behind and a faith in change that is vital. I really mean it seriously when I say that rich people are fools not to be happy as their access to happiness is made much easier because of their wealth. They have an ocean of opportunities we oiks just don't have. I'm not saying that money can buy you happiness but it is pretty close. For instance if you become ill and need hospitalizing and you have to pay for it- then what? If you need some healthy food and it costs then who is unhealthy with all it entails of ailments and dissatisfaction? Who is happy? Well where are the goodie angels when you are suffering or struggling? Or when people are dying? Hunger in Africa? I suppose we can afford angels when we are well off materialistically-
Hello all, just popped by to say, I found a quote last night, it's from Thomas Moore's, The Re-Enchantment of everyday life. He quotes:- If we do not, speak and think in the language of enchantment, including naming Angels and recognising Spirits... then the Soul will go out of our Lives and Communities, and we will wonder why nothing seems to hold together and nothing seems to have value any more. Then Margaret Neylon an Angel writer goes on to say:- Look around you. What is missing in today's society? It is a sense of enchantment. The belief in possibilities. Society is a symbol of what the general public has become. Bring back enchantment into your life and you can help to bring back the soul into our society. Ask your angel to inspire you to start a new way of thinking and living among you and your neighbours. I quoted these two people, as I'm not very clever with words. I know what I know, but find it hard to put over what I'm trying to say. All I believe is that change begins at home, within your own community and what these two people have written makes so much sense to me as a human. We cannot change the world, but perhaps a good place to start, is with the people we know and try to inspire them. But if they don't get it, or don't understand, then their is nothing we can do to change their minds. An Irish saying. These things, I warmly wish for you - Someone to love, some work to do, a bit of sun, a bit of cheer, and a guardian angel always near. Take care all, Jenny.

Re. Libya, which I concur is highly relevant to the original question, there are issues of legitimacy and motivation to action. I came across this interchange on an Amazon forum (forgive the typos - they're not mine) which I found interesting and thought I'd share here: "Huck Flynn says: how do we get from no-fly-zone to cruise missiles pointed at gaddafi's command centre why weren't we informed or consulted? has cameron not learned blair's lesson ? Spin says: Huck: A good question. The truth is this: Post-War military operations, initiated by the government of the time, have to cater for public opinion. Thus it is that, at one time, no consideration was given to the civilian population of a nation one went to war with. To go to war entailed the complete destruction of that nations threat to one own nation, including civilians.. Today, wars are waged against governments, not civilians. And this is a simple trick, a play on words, on the part of those in power to get us on board with them. Military action, in defence and offence, is extremely destructive and civilians will always suffer. But we are fooled into thinking that the actual intent of military action in Libya is to "protect" civilians. We are at war with Libya, militarily and politically. And the coalition of governments forcing a "no fly zone" over an independent nation will feed their public the bull concerning the "protection of civilians" in an attempt to redefine "warfare" as a "just" action. Who is there to protect civilians when military intervention ends? A ground force, an occupation, will be needed. And why do we only declare war on Anti-western dictators? Warfare involves not only military action but moral and political action, which our governments are severely lacking. Perhaps when we protest against our government and the muslim extremists send in bombers to help us, we will realise how wrong it is to interfere in another nations affairs."

I believe in Angels, it used to be a programme on telly. It was about nurses. I saw it several times. Regarding Libya, I believe in that too, I was born there, it says so on my birth certificate. I expect whatever replaces Ghadaffi might not be too beneficial for the Libyans themselves - especially the women - if it becomes an Iranian-style loony theocracy. The best argument for non-interference is the law of unintended consequences, still, politicians have very short memories and live for short-term goals, don't they? Angels! FFS.
FTSE100, as I said in my comment, you cannot force or make people believe in Angels, I would not wish to force my beliefs on to anyone, but this is a continuation of the previous forum, 'whether to believe in Angels.' I'm just stating my own opinion, after all isn't that what the question was about in the first place? I don't pretend to believe in Angels, I have had many simple, personal experiences in my own life, nothing dramatic, but perhaps I've lost items, and have no idea where they are, but I have asked the Angels to guide me to them, what ever you think or believe, the Angels have led me to the item. I also don't see any reason for not leaving my comments here, whatever your opinion is, after all isn't that what freedom of speech is all about? you seem to be able to put you own views over. Have a peaceful day. Jenny.

Don't get upset, Jen. I think Footsie's just playing at a bit of 'devil's advocate', which I think is rather angelic of him/her. Let's face it, you'd be mad to try and play the markets right now!

Hi Ftse- you know it is a fact that working class (heroes) have more illnesses than rich people, both mentally and physically- so I don't know who is happier, do you? Maybe if you are rich you would have a constantly bad conscience about being more privileged than poorer people and that would give you bad nerves- seen a bit about it in "American Pictures"- they close their eyes to suffering and therefore suffer themselves but I do not feel sorry for them. But I suppose you can be happy even if you suffer- about money buying you things- well you can buy a lot of good health with money, can't you? You can't buy intelligence but you can pay your way through Uni- I'm not saying they are happier but it is easier to be happy with money. That is how I picture it anyway. I know that our psychology, individually, can be complicated- our mental state of affairs but it doesn't make it easier when you don't have a dime. Come to think of it I have met a couple of rich people in my time and none of them seemed very happy.I think I was happier swimming in the gutter in tropical rainfalls as a child than they were in their swimming pool.But I have to admit that if I could afford a proper pair of shoes to ease the pain in my heels then I would be even happier than I am. Do you think I would then find something else to be unhappy about? Who knows? But I still don't believe in either God or angels- Angels are purely fantasy- a figment of our imagination- trying to compensate for our own lackings as human beings. Thinking that somewhere there is someone or something better than us humans and if we are good then we get what we deserve by believing in them. Rubbish!
FTSE100. you keep acting like you have proof they don't exist because you've never seen proof they do exist. just because you haven't had an enlightening experience doesn't mean that other people haven't. things happen all the time that can't be explained. just because you choose to not believe in something, why do you feel the need to prove that to other people. I think your posts lack a vital part of what makes this so great. I'm sorry you can believe in something just to believe, but you should really stop trying to fix everyone's opinion just because you don't dig it the way they do. its weak.

Nicholas Schoonbeck

Okay, I did a little experiment just now. Thus: I said 'Okay then, angel, reveal yourself'. Immediately?progressively, I got the response along the lines of @Actually there are three of us@. 'Hmm' @Yep, one is male, me, and the other of us are female.@ 'What, I@ve got three angels, one male and two female?' @Yep. But, if you really want to hear what we have to say, go to your favourite playlist on Spotify and listen to tracks 5, 6 and 7. Track 5 is mee speaking to you. Tracks 6 and 7 are your two female angels talking to you. Anyone can do this; it can work for everyone.@ 'Okay, I'll try that now.' So, what did I get? Well, that would be telling ... okay, track 5 was 'Chasing cars' (Snow Patrol). It was lovely!!

I am here, so I exist. Who can deny that? Or prove
I so tired of this need to disprove whether angels exist or not. why wouldn't they exist? why are some of you so desperate to prove that they don't exist? if its not for you, then I'm sure you can find something else to do than stop other people from believing in something that makes them feel good. start your own forum topic so you and others like you can go on and on about what you don't believe in since that's your thing.

Nicholas Schoonbeck

I'm writing a series on here about a Guardian Angel, see what you guys think of it, let me know where you think the series should go. http://www.abctales.com/story/baggi0/looking-out Marc.B * Why should I comment on yours when you haven't commented on mine? ABCtales *

Marc.B

Evolution couldn't have made us perfect. God did it. I mean, there were no seeds in the beginning to grow trees. Germs couldn't have done it... Impossible. What is possible though is that God put everything here... Then let evolution take it's toll. I'm talking about like micro evolution. I mean, if there was evolution, then why are there still monkeys and apes and possibly sasquatch? I mean seriously.... And some one had to put the molecules and atoms to create the big bang. And when you ask of God's assisstance, then He helps you. Almost everytime I ask, then He responds and helps. Oh ya, thanks God =). Savannah

Sav

Oh and Skinner_Jennifer made a new forum called Angels- and the existance thereof. its under new forums if you would like to view it. Savannah

Sav

Wow just posted this new forum yesterday and look at all the buzz! Of course I'm going to create another forum on this topic when this one gets locked. And how long does it usually take for something to be cherry picked? Savannah

Sav

Oh dear, I do not exist.... You guys (and girls) are all imagining me. Oh Ecanus, angel of writers, help me! @Savannah, for everything is an explanation, Believing in the supernatural is an easy way to explain things you do not understand. But tempting, I must say, if you like it the easy way. Denying the existance of things you do not understand is another, also easy, way to deal with it. Making scientific theories on the same is good, but then also just a theory, often scientists 'assume' a number of parameters as they are unknown (think of 'dark matter'), just because something is missing to make a theory work. Again, there is no proof for any of the Creation theories, both Religious and Evolutionalist theories are just what they are: pure theory. Nobody who is currently writing on this forum was there when it happened, and if they were, nobody will believe them anyway. If I say how it happened, you will not believe it, unless it matches your own opinion. But you do believe some guy who wrote this down in a book a few thousand years ago. Why is that? Basically I am more real as someone who already returned to dust 3000 years ago. So I should be more credible. But then, I do not exist. :-) I still love you all May you see the light, some day Areo
Areo, problem is im gullible. So if someone told me then I would most likely believe it. So.... But isn't the earth way older than 3,000 years old? Im confused.... And I trust a lot...which is probably a mistake. But idk. Savannah

Sav

And my opinions can change if something seems more likely than what I believe now... Savannah

Sav

ftse I was only using my plight as an example. I am sure there are a lot of people with similar experiences. Anyway I certainly don't want to offend anyone who believes in angels. Must be really nice to have faith in such peaceful and beautiful beings.
Yes, Earth is indeed a 'bit' older as 3000 years, so even they guy who turned to dust almost 3000 years ago had it probably from hearsay. Which might add to my credibility, but that is up to the reader and depends on that he believes who I am. Areo
Do you have any raspberries for my smoothie FTSE100? he he atb Pia
Ah, you ABC Tailors, you do make me laugh! (God)

Mine's a melon*, please. Shaken not stirred. * read 'dry martini'

Wtf? What's with all the bananas and the raspberries and the martinis!!!!!!!! But Ty to whoever gave me that banana and what do they mean? And I don't care that much about a cherry... Do I? =P honestly I don't know if I care a lot about cherries. But thanks fir asking? And what is it like to be an angel? I would like to be one but actually... Never mind. I like the life that God has given me =D Savannah

Sav

Wow, never thought of it that way. Thank you for your insight! =) Savannah

Sav

Areo, Have you ever met Noah? or Jesus? or God? My mom says that when we see God that we shouldn't look Him in the eye because we aren't worthy enough. But I'm not sure... Isn't it disrespectful not to? Or is is disrespectful to look Him in the eye? Confusing questions that I must know! And can you meet your Guardian Angel when they're in human form? But if you can, then how do you know it's them? By their name? Or would I just know? Sorry so much questions, but I'm going to go crazy if I don't get some sort of explanation! I tried not to ask so much questions, but I can't help myself. Savannah

Sav

And how do I know if my Guardian Angel's name is really Christopher (I'm talking about what "he" would want me to call him since we can't hear their real names)? Do I have to wait until I die? Savannah

Sav

I think Savannah deserves a cherry, FTSE100, make your moderator magic. No, I never met Noah, he is just a symbol, not a single person. Well, not like you think anyway. Everybody has met Jesus at least a few times. Maybe not when he was on Earth as living human, but on spiritual level you did. Did I ever meet God? No, but I met his sister several times. Not being worthy to look into Gods eyes? LoL, every soul is worthy of that. That is just something made up by the priests to make you crawl on the floor. I think God said that once or twice to not scare people off. He looks a bit.. different, not the old man with white beard you see on the old drawings. You will not be aware you met your guardian angel until you die. I think you have seen him already, but did not realise it. The name is probably correct, either you made it up and he took it as his name, or he uses it with humans, the same as that you can call me Areo, but that is not my name. Our names are a combination of sound, visual and mental sensations. Like, if you think about your mother, you do not think 'mother', you feel maybe love, affection, warmth, the feeling you had when she sat with you on your bed when you were very ill, the sound of her voice, a song she sang for you when you were a baby. Make a combination of those, including an image of her, and you think about your mother. The same for us, this is the way we call each other, the combination of feelings about someone else, and memories, and some other things. will instantly be heard and he will be there. If you think like that about a good friend or family member who died, then his spirit will be there instantly. Any medium will be able to confirm that. So your guardian angel maybe wants you to call him Christopher, he will never tell you his real name, as it would be useless to you since you cannot pronounce it.
Areo, Thank you for answering my questions. I know, probably a lot, and Jenny was right: you did go through a lot of hard questions. You can probably answer them with ease, but I don't know because I'm not you. Thank you again =) And it was kind of late and I had a... weird day, so I just had to asak questions. I don't know why, it's just a thing I do. Savannah

Sav

And who here lives in America? Savannah

Sav

And who here lives in America? Savannah

Sav

I live in America. In New York.

Nicholas Schoonbeck

I live in America, too. Be careful of the hurricane =( Savannah

Sav

When I was maybe one, and it lasted till I was like six or something, but my mom had these friends with a son whose name is Christopher. I don't remember him very well. But I kind of feel compelled to see him again... Savannah

Sav

If angels want to, can they like, "stalk" someone and find out about them? Like what genre music and what type of clothes they where? Savannah

Sav

Why should they stalk? If needed, they just contact the soul and know everything they ask for. But direct contact with a soul in a living body, or investigation for no reason, is not allowed. Clothes, that is not something they bother about, only when they are in a human form, and then it is 'general fashion', to blend in, or appropriate to the occasion. Ask an angel what he wears and he will say: 'light'. And no , they do not wear those long white dresses anymore, that was when humanity also was wearing them. Music? Any kind, like everybody they have their own taste in music.
Thank you for answering, as you always give good answers. And I didn't exactly mean "stalk", I just didn't know the right word. Savannah

Sav

I think that would be: Investigate?
What a fine advertisement for American education.
Yes, something like that. Savannah

Sav

Topic locked