Abctales at the Wheatsheaf

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Abctales at the Wheatsheaf

That was a great night, full of friendly faces and phenomenal writers.
Too many stand-out stories and poems to highlight a few.
The generosity of guets generated 115 pounds which will all go to Railway Children.
The next one's on Tuesday May 15th.

Same goes for me, once again same as Stan, I had to leave a bit sharpish. We'd driven from Southampton thats why we were a bit late getting there. Richard, You must be the guy I gave the money to ( i bought one of the books). Nice to meet you. Enjoyed it.

Oh, of all the Tuesdays in all the year, that's the one I've just booked my holiday for! Ah well. Can there be a Yorkshire one? Are there any Leeds/York/Harrogate writers about?
So brilliant to hear all of you - Jolono I am gutted that we missed eachother - did not know you were there - really hope I will see you next time. I thought every single person who I heard read was exceptional. Well done Sid for plucking up the courage to read a wonderful poem. Great to hear Julie read for the first time.Stan the Man - I deal every day with the kind of person you depicted lyrically and insightfully, Mark Say,johnnyA and Eamon - bloody spellbinding Maggyvaneijk - I just wanted your reading to never end and insertponceyfrenchnamehere - what can I say - your delivery was spot on, the honesty of your words was breathtaking - get writing again please and you must read again. Tony you spoke with such passion about this wonderful community and I just want to say thank you yet again for allowing us all to be part of it. Richard - so sorry I could not have spoken to you longer and hope we will speak again very very soon. Those who were not there please do come - these are the kind of evenings you will remember for years to come.

Lavadis hello! Couldn't agree more with what! You all say,absolutely agree with every word well written. Lovley to meet Editor t.cook (Tony) again and the readers,and all new most! great evening! Not awake! properly read paper's catch up time! Get back later on! and also answer comments lovely people. all the best cavalcaderl julie and Ray bring me.xx
Sorry I forgot to mention Blessing. You brought your poems to life with your delivery and it was such a pleasure to spend the evening in your company.

Lavadis, got there late so came in half way through Stans read. Stood at the back, in fact I was by the bar, I was expecting someone to ask me to get them a drink! Stan if you meant me for Mel Gibson, get yourself down to specsavers real quick.. I was standing with Jolono.
And if Stan meant me for Mel Gibson, he REALLY has a major eye problem!

Really friendly night, and as other people have said some quite spell binding writing. Looking forward to reading more on line, now that i can put a face to the words, and maybe in future i will hear those people speaking the words for me off my computer screen.
new eamon Hello! well done on reading. And seat you offered me. To sit with you. I have written thanks to Our Editor t.coook (Tony) also Blightersrock. Under the heading on 'Wheatsheaf' evening. And all had to travel,I prayed for safety,and fog to go! Fabulous fun! evening of all kinds of readings. My Ray went missing,not in bar,well reading room! so had slip out look, Saw Editor Tony and assured me Ray be back! Ray had gone burgher bar outside. Didn't know where! So didn't get round the tables at break to chat! and meet all. I will certainly read your computer work! Hope to see and meet many next do,on a Tuesday May 15th. When we have a break (Tony) does say meet all. Get back soon to you. When read computer screen mention. Maybe we should wear a name badge! or buy AbcTales Magazine's or 'Let's start again! Stories and photos in there. Or download magazine as Editor says. Absolutely fab; evening. Looking foreward next on a Tuesday 15th May. I met the 9 that read and quite few other's and all at the end. I knew Lavadis met before,Maggyvaneijk, inserponceyfrenchname,Stan The Man,Johnny A Eamon and Blessing and many more. Not sure some Jolono,Akibi. If not meet you next time on a tuesday 15th May. So on. Great journey's and readings and people! Glad you got 'Mario'. Resting to-day! One with white hair,unfortunately. all the best and love to you all. cvalcaderl julie x
Thanks Julie for being there. S Mario is sitting on the kitchen table looking very pleased with himself. Thankfully he is not wearing black shoes or i might have to ask him to dangle his feet over the edge. He has mumbled (several times) something that sounds like "prawn sandwich," so i hope he will not be upset when i tell him that the great cuddly toy crane has dropped him into a vegetarian household. Eamon
new blightersrock Hello Richard (The Lion Heart) Thankyou all your help AbcTales And splendid book as mentioned above under Editor T.cook (Tony) 'The Wheatsheaf Evening' and your signing,wonderful words in your great book. on their too! to me. "of Course You Can Meet The Queen'. Brilliant. No idea fab; photos or the wonderful signing of your book! overwhelmed? as said I had no idea what you might sign! I'd seen picture on AbcTales but when it arrived amazing? It was like a magnet at end,so many and me came up each other, and you and Tony. Especially outside kiss on cheek's and hugs! usally when finishing upstairs usually. And inside too. and Editor's great speech on lives and people of all kinds of writing, and the email received. What! a speech gave on me,unfortunately can't remember much I thought can't be me? Got bit tipsy,owing 'Snowball' Ray had no 'Vodka'said at bar went down for not had one years. so got lemonade, I remembered it might make me have hiccups,or blurps! Before reading,not to upset the one reading asked came back for 'shandy' or lager, not knowing going be in a pint of bitter,and make it more lemonade than beer, but pint ridiculous I sipped,now says he drank bit,by end evening I had finished off! And new re; next 'Wheatsheaf evening on a Tuesday May 15th. Grand as every third week,day centre and guitarists few of us go n/home sing a long always. If not will manage do two,like last night, again and come onto the train after, with Ray as said all superb evening. Great readings, meeting all and put your great words on AbcTales now. It was almost like telepathy, I just written about cat, I won't have come further up my bed? And read your story already, book came their was a cat in bed and all. And all Fabulous photos all matched your great story so well. all the best julie cavalcaderl and Ray. Went missing,saw Tony bar,and assured me he be back! So missed going round tables during interval chats! Till at the end hugs! a kiss on cheek lovely. Used to do last church taught! and wish all peace! Not down stairs pub at all. Told me at home gone outside burgher! I didn't know where! After got home! Have a good week-end. Be there at the next one! All the best julie cavalcaderl 'cackalcader' xx and Ray. Now I put his name Editor Tony,.and all Abctales ask after him. Not on for poetry, always ask after him. Correcting it! .
Just to add my five penny worth. It was an exceptional evening - I've done a lot of these over the years and this one was way up there in terms of quality. It was exceptional and spell binding and I really look forward to May's gathering. Thankyou to all who came - your efforts were truly appreciated.
Still buzzing from the evening's brilliance. Thanks for the great response from everyone but to be honest it's Tony that sorts the reading program, and he presents the night with amazing gusto. All I have to do is book the next night at the bar and wiggle the chairs and tables around. The real stars are the readers and boy did they shine on Wednesday. Alex! Such a weird thing; I thought of you for the Tuesday change and you're going on holiday! Oh well, the September 11th evening's a Tuesday too so put it in your diary.

New T.cook Editor (Tony) Thanks you for great 'speech' you gave, and on some of why! AbcTales are so popular. It was a great night! But without the Editor (Tony) none of us would be reading maybe, and all his help to many! And now so many calling, out to read. But for me to be said yes,on first time way back, nervous,wreck but with your help achieved. Mean't the world to me, I didn't believe, would or could. words of encouragement. No I don't comment well. How do I do that then! Please. Cheers! to many more 'Wheatsheaf' poetry stories, meeting all. You should have priority'speech' overall as our Editor of course. And the comments,how all is done! and so on. julie cavalcaderl and Ray x
Topic locked