Last Sunday Tina got suddenly very ill, drooling and being sick. We took her down the road to the vet, who kindly saw her even though it was sunday. She was given anti biotic because she had a temperature, and something to stop her being sick. She came home, did a very runny yellow poo, and went to sleep. Although she wasn't sick or runny again she was too quiet and not eating very much so took her back on Wednesday, when she was given more anti biotics. Several people suggested to me that it was poisoning, and I was worried that she might have rolled on some crocuses and grape hyacinths by the front door, which I hadn't realised were very bad, but the vet didn't think so. But also said didn't know what was wrong with her? I took her back again on Friday, and they found that her urea level was up a bit, not enough for kidney failure, but they kept her in till sunday. Since then she is eating less and less, today only about a spoonful if all tiny bits added up?
So, the dilemma is : people say the vet on the mainland is much better because it has lots of equipment and stuff, whereas our vet is very small. But the people who recommend this vet can take their animals in a car and we can't, so she would have to be carried on and off the ferry, and onto taxis and stuff. Getting to the vet would take at least an hour of lots of strange sounds and moving about? And possibly 3 hours back because of waiting if the boats are iffy, which is awefully long in a small cat box when you are ill and scared?
Do you think it would be worth the stress to her? Suppose they needed to keep seeing her for check ups, which is likely? This would mean lots of travelling and she is already not herself.
What would you do?