Audio files

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Audio files

Someone must have asked this before, but is there any chance of ABCtales allowing audio readings to accompany the stories? I think the poets and performance type people would particularly appreciate this, but it would be nice for us prose writers too. I know some writing sites have audio already (e.g. ukauthors.com) but I'm guessing bandwidth would be a problem... maybe a file size limit of a meg or two would help. Having said that I already find ABCtales a little slow, especially when I'm uploading stories.

Apart from anything else, I find that hearing yourself read is a good way to improve your writing... the little slips in rhythm and sound become much more obvious. Sometimes painfully so.

"..the little slips in rhythm and sound become much more obvious. Sometimes painfully so." Good point. You could always provide a link to an off-site audio file? Good idea though. :) In wine, poetry or virtue, as you wish, but enivrez-vous! The art is to be absolutely yourself -Charles Baudelaire. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmhEMPN7y1I

~It's a maze for rats to try, it's a race for rats to die.~

Long term, I don't think adding links is a good solution... the whole point of a site like this is that it puts all the work in a common format for easy reading, searching, commenting etc. Otherwise it starts to feel like just browsing the web for stories.
you could use youtube or something

It's something that's very much at the top of the list when we secure our new funding. I do believe that it's when and not if at the moment - but mustn't say too much!
Topic locked