Goodreads

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Goodreads

Anyone else on Goodreads? Me and my bookaholicism are pretty hooked.

My account: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5389184-maggy

Hmm, looks like an interesting site. Will have a good look at it tonight. Thanks for pointing it out, Maggy. Mark

Interesting spot indeed. One quick - and facetious - observation. Their 'best ever books' and 'worst ever books' both have the four Twilight books in the top five.
hahaha I know there's a lot of paranormal loving readers on there (nothing wrong with that just not my thing!) but I've managed to find a lot of good books I wouldn't have known about otherwise.

Thanks for the link, Maggy - just had a quick look and found that one of your favourite reads is 'Go Ask Alice', a book I read and read and read 'til it fell apart as a teenager and had thought was pretty obscure until now - you're the only other person in the world that I know has read this book and it really made my day to know it was loved as equally much by you! Will be calling back to goodreads in the very near future, thanks a lot! :)
Yes, I absolutely love that book. Apparently there's a film adaptation that I haven't seen and don't really wan to. I love the anonymity of the speaker, I think it would ruin it to see her in the flesh.

I completely agree, I wouldn't want to watch that either - 'don't try to fix what isn't broken' springs to mind ;o) Just to jump away from the subject, have you ever read 'Tales of The Night' by Peter Høeg? Probably one of my top-five reads of all time - the language completely blew me away, and from the titles of a few of your favourite reads I think it would be something you'd really enjoy, if you haven't come across it already, that is :) Will definitely be signing up to goodreads soon, although I must admit, I spend most of my 'reading-time' on here these days!
Oeh, adding it to my "to-read" list as we speak! Thanks for the suggestion

Hi! Maggyvanijk yep! I left request for you under your poem, after I clicked to that site seems very good. I said like to get hold of 2 books one titled, "Unhappy Marriages" and "Poison Wood Bible".By Barbara Kingsolver Sounds. interesting for me. Like to buy later. Any help be good please did you write them? julie x
Any time! Hope you enjoy it :)
Thanks for pointing this out, maggy. It looks an interesting site and it seems to be full of surprises: it came up with one of my ebooks when I searched for my name!

Hi Julie! No I definitely did not write them, I wish! :) That site is basically a list of all the books I've read. You can easily get hold of both those titles at any bookshop. I'm reading The Poisonwood Bible at the moment, it's really good! x Maggy

Topic locked