help I need your feedback!!! Please!!!

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
help I need your feedback!!! Please!!!

I've been posting my YA fantasy novel on here for a few months now and I've been getting lots of reads, but not much feedback or comments. If your a fantasy or YA fan please go to my page and read some chapters then tell me what you think. You can post a comment here, on my page or send me a message. I will appreciate all comments/criticism but if there is something you don't like or think I should change please be nice about it. Thank you so much!

I'll give you the short version to save time. Read other people's stuff, comment, they see, might read yours, might comment - that's how it works. Just checked the track on your account - 0 Comments for other people - nuff said.

Hi eternaldream. Hope you're having a good morning. Can I ask how many comments you have left on other pieces of work?
Damn, you're quick this morning, fatboy. You must've had three weetabix.
I'll see your three weetabix and raise you five. Why is it OP I always come across as arsey in these 'please read my work' post replies and you always do it with grace and good humour? You even asked if they were having a good morning! I need to learn your ways Peskymiyagi. :-)

Thanks I'll try to start giving more comments on here. I have several critique partners, and I'm a member of several other writing sites that its hard to keep up with giving other writers feedback. I honestly thought I had given some feedback on this site but I guess not.
Hello eternaldream. With such commitment to the craft your input would be valuable to many on this site. Forget those other sites, come and lay your hat here a while. Fatboy, I now count to ten before posting, which always takes me a while this time of the morning.
I've read all of your posts, eternaldream, and left feedback. It's a good story but even good stories will get lost in the archives if you don't put yourself out there to get it read. Fatboy's advice is spot-on - it's kind of how this site works. Oldpesky's advice is spot-on, too - forget those other sites, it's here where the magic happens (depending on Weetabix intake, by the sound of things) OP & FB - you make a great double act, d'you know that? ;)
Hi Eterenaldreams I asked the same question and got the same answers basically you don't get if you don't give. I think I go now by how many people are reading my stories, they are not doing that bad so I leave them to be what they are. Should I get comments fair enough if not, well I can accept that now too and I take the good with the bad. Beat you Pesky and you Fat boy, Egg and bacon butty followed by 4 Weetabix yum yum lol
Sounds like the breakfast of champions Clive. I could never do a double act with a prose monkey Rachel - he's tried to tempt me with empty promises before but I think he's secretly falling for the short rhymey stuff. :-)

Christine
Anonymous's picture
I agree that you should ditch the other sites. I don't think I really understood about the community commenting on each others' work until I read this. But if someone leaves a comment on my post, curiosity will drive me to nosy into their accounts and then if I like what I see. I'll say so.
I'm new to this site too so found this helpful. Will try to comment on other peoples work and hope they will comment on mine but so far have only put on one poem.

I don't know what I am supposed to do here? I have posted my comment on Eternaldreams but this comment box keeps coming up.

It is true I have been dabbling in a spot of rhyme recently. I'm not proud, and will mention it to OTT during my next ABC OCD appointment. I'm sure she'll have a cure for me. In the meantime I'm off for a lie down, I feel an iambic pentameter coming on.
Same again.

And again

Same again.

Same again

I'm not sure what you're doing Denzella but just click on something other than post comment. I have also noticed you have written your poem in your collection rather than posting it as a poem. If you click on the poems button on the right hand side you will find it not there and nobody will get to see it unless they click on your collection in your profile. You need to go to the bit on the right that says write story, paste it in or write it in and then chhose what it is from the options (poem/story) and then submit it. Hope that helps. If your unsure go to the forums and have a read what to do on there - I know it can be a bit confusing to start. :-)

Oh dear, I have sent a thank you to the wrong person. I am really doing well on this site so far. Have managed to keep wrongly clicking on post comment and then I have sent my heartfelt thanks for the above helpful information to I think it was olpesky? He is probably wondering what the hell I'm talking about. Come to think of it...so am I! Anyway, now I'm where I should be please accept my heartfelt thanks for your help. As you have seen, I am easily confused.

I'd like to say that I just found out what weetabix is. I was wondering what in the world you all were talking about. Ha ha. They sound like the UK version of our (American) wheaties.
That's about right Eternal but don't get us started on the real man's breakfast cereal SHREDDED WHEAT, this could cause fractures in Anglo American relations lol.
Topic locked