Farewell

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Farewell

I just deleted my last ABCtales poem....how sad when it all comes to this.

This chapter of my life is now in fact closed.

I wanted to thank you for all your support and for all of you that e-mailed me yesterday and all the other times, when one voice on ABCtales gets barricated by the many.

I thought of listing all the names of the people which asses need to be kissed in order to stay 'loved' here on ABCtales, but I changed my mind, some things should be found by ourselves...

All in all it has been a good experience and I have met one or two excellent characters on the way.

I particularly would like to thank Ben/Enzo/Cardenio for the amazing support about my writting...and for the cigarettes.

Keep writting!

Soraia Almeida

bye then

byesy bye. you'll be soraialy missed. what have those bad people done, chasing such genius from this site. makes me *so* angry.
you arent REALLY a true abctaler until you have had at least one flounce and removed all your work ... i've done it a number of times ... can't keep away tho somehow ...
Liana - I can tell that last post was intended as an underhanded attack on me and the integrity of my work. In protest, I have deleted every last one of Pepsoid's 'Larry and Mick' stories. That'll learn ya.
Enzo
Anonymous's picture
Soraia - I'm really sorry you felt that this was the best thing to do, it's a real shame. Regardless, keep writing - I hope it works out for you. And you've no need to thank me. All the best with everything. Ben.
Does Portugal have nuclear weapons? I get worried when I see such casual use of the nuclear option. Soraia, why not just leave yourself on line and write a nice poem to express your feelings? I'd be interested in that.
Pesky, you are a fool and very immature indeed. The girl you and others had been offending is 13!!! Did you read that? I'm sure you'd like your children to be put down in that way. You that was singing her praises on the thread that I started about getting published on United Press! Unbelivable. Fuck me, if I'll let that go without a response. And yes, I'm fully aware that they were being rude in the REDCOLDWORLD thread, and that is why as ADULTS WE let it go. And don't restart it in another thread. Led by example. And I didn't exclude you, you must have selective vision for the last time re-read the fucking post. Its horrific that you choose this particular thread to carry on attacking me. Your behaviour should be questioned but it will not I'm sure, and that is in fact the reason why I'm leaving. This site does not make people accountable. Barely Black Francis, you are charming as ususal. Who needs Jasper when this site still has the most nasty, immature and absurd charaters in the planet.
I have to point out, however, that, as a foreigner (of whom there are many amongst us), sometimes the Brits make snarky comments which, because of language differences, can be taken waaay out of context, say, by Americans. And whilst some posts are intended in jest, often there is an underlying 'tone' that is all too easily misinterpreted by others. Especially on the Discuss writing from ABC forum, I think it's a good policy to tread ever more lightly, regardless of whether the post is an invitation to read someone's 'awesome' iambic pentameter or a genuinely good piece. Answering these solicitations with any other 'voice' than that of, well, solicitous evenhandedness, can lead to hurt feelings and eventually the kind of posts we had with redcoldworld. I wince every time I read some of the snarky replies to people's genuine (if misplaced) posts to read their work. Do they deserve that, just because they're new and unfamiliar?
And I think neurotic is the word for you. Now lets get this straight I'm still here as you so nicely put, " when you continue to attack, I will continue to defend." "you might feel foolish at having being conned into thinking that being published by what amounts to a Vanity Press, and I wanted to limit that damage. Wicked me eh?" The answer to that is obviously yes, in my opinion, but just in case in the future you fancy 'protecting' someone else: I do not need your protection, in fact I was aware of what they were, that does not take from the fact that I did get published and have a nice book with my poem on it which is what I wanted...you can ordered it if you want! But what I particularly likein your post is this : "No, I do not ridicule anyone." Great so what does this mean: "has ny1 seen my will 2 live?" or perhaps "Veronctoria, have you tried showing them to your peer group?" That is not ridicule at all or cruel. At all. And yes I am now picking on you, because although I had no problems with you until you decided to get nasty, I now do. Bobblehat, very wise comment about the site. It shouldn't really though be the people that run ABCtales to figure out which demographics to attrack , this is the internet and as such a wide range of people will come to this site. It should be about reasonable people on this site to consider that at the age of 13/14 (please read REDCOLDWORLD thread), there are particular ways in which you should speak, I would have been hurt by those comments myself and I have very thick skin. That was the point of the post. Now if you think I personally insulted someone that is another matter....this site seems to run on personal insults a)and nothing is done about it and b) it wasn't meant to be one. Perhaps it was said in the wrong way but in fact I did mean what I said. People with children tend to be aware of how sensitive and rude at times they are, and tend to know a)how to handle them and b)when to let it go. I myself haven't got any children but I do have a 8 year old nephew and I wouldn't dream to speak to him in that way, ever. Because he would probably cry and to top it all up, her poetry wasn't even worth those comments, for a 13 year old girl the poems are actually fine. My post wasn't about Pesky being a good mother or not, not even about child abuse as she mentioned but instead about thinking how one wishes their own children to be treated and returning the favour for ALL others children. Treat others as you wish to be treated. This obviously does not apply to Pesky. Finally, I excluded Pesky and BBF on my post not because those were the most cruel, but because they were the ones I was most shocked about. Because actually I do like their writting and it is incredibly disappointing when you find out that people you actually like in paper are not actually nice at all! That is me done, think as you please, do as you please. Soraia
"portmanteau". I love that word.
Wow...This thread should be re-titled 'THE LONG GOODBYE.'
Soraia - I'm very sad to see you go as I think that you are a good writer and a fine contributor to ABCtales. However, these forums are bound to be robust - debate, at times, will get out of hand. We try to regulate the discussions as well as we can but we are not online 24 hours a day, regulating the forums. If stuff happens on here, it happens. I wish that everyone would play by the rules - posted at the top of every forum - but they won't. People get tired, people get fed up, people say nasty things. It's easier when all you have to do is type and hit 'post comment'. I think we have to learn to live with it a bit. If we stifled free debate then we wouldn't get far - and that is the only alternative. I suggest that we all learn to 'turn the other cheek' - if someone posts something that you find too much for you then just move on and ignore it. It tends to go away pretty quickly. I refuse to get drawn into the rights and wrongs of this particular argument. We are all grown-ups (this is a grown-ups site) and can defend ourselves.
I don’t want to get involved with the rights or wrongs but would just like to say that of course it’s good to be given positive feedback; it boost the confidence, and after all, part of the joy of writing is to give your reader pleasure; to reward his/her investment in their time spent reading your work; however, what could be perceived as negative criticism is surely the more valuable. I would want to know where I’m going wrong. And let’s face it, what’s goose to the geese is gander to the panda - so to speak. You just ain’t gonna please everyone. Take it on board, analyse it, act upon it or don’t act upon it, but above all else: enjoy your writing!
And as for 20-30 regulars - that is now more like 60-70 regulars. We have more than 100 people per day logging on - and that doesn't account for the hundreds every day who just come along to read. Tell your friends and relations - ABCtales.com is growing fast and we want it to grow even faster!
Topic locked