Anyone Still Around from The Old Days?

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anyone Still Around from The Old Days?

Hello

I used to be ivoryfishbone but then I couldn't log in ...

I know Ralph is still here ... but any of the other old guard from the very beginning? Eddie? Liana? Stormy?

x

Mandylifeboats, Andrea?

Hoxtoneye?

JustynThyme, FeyMouse ... Sooz?

.. some of them are here with changed names. If you want to resurrect your old account, email admin@abctales and I'll see if I can fix it

My brother JP Brown joined in 2003 so that is almost at the start of Abc and I've been since 2009. Most of those people are not active anymore it's sad losing a friend it feels almost like your dog died.

Keep well! Tom Brown

Tom Brown

We've seen Abc grow in leaps and bounds through years of incredible hard work dedication and endless perserverence. It started out little more than a one-man-show to the very successful internationally respected publishing website and probably as it stands is unique.

Mark Brown, Tony Cook, Footse, Luke Nemia and all the other editors. We Salute You!

Yep. But then I'm also only just down the road...

Of course! x

I saw a story I wrote in 2004 on Facebook today. Yay! And now here's Ivoryfishbone!  Double Yay! !  Anyone else - even Mississippi  ..?

MLB!!! How are you?

Are you still on the south coast? x

Yep. Still beating back the waves. What are you up to these days?

You could have knocked me down with a feather when I saw my tree drawing and my story on ABC on Facebook! Nice of them though.

I had one the other day too! It's nice.

I'm still writing and now making plays. Will be bringing one to Brighton Fringe so hopefully we can get together x

That would be great!! email: susannahgreaves@gmail.com

Hello... smiley

Hi, 

I was *friends* with Ralph and I remember you! Ralph and Mississippi and others! A few people used to post (ahem, TROLL), under more than one identity I seem to recall! I was more an observer than regular contributor to the spirited spats that used to occur on the General Forum! I can scarcely believe that was 2003/04. I have absolutely no idea where the last 14 years have gone. I hope you are well! 

Hello!

The forums were certainly lively. I remember having a mega ding dong with Ralph once. But they were so entertaining. I was stuck at home with no social life (single skint parent) and these forums were it for me. A glass of sherry, a roll up and many an evening's hilarious entertainment was had. Ah, the good old days! You're right, so much trolling and winding up went on! But I've still got friends in real life I met here in those days.

x

It certainly was lively debate! There was a Karl as well as Mississippi, Ralph, yourself (as Ivoryfhisbone), Mandy Lifeboats  - a few names are coming back to me now! Yes - those forums were hilarious entertaiment as you rightly pointed out! They were quite addictive to read! I cannot believe it was so many years ago now! Hope all is well with you? I remember you were a major contributor (and often the voice of reason and mediation) on some of the Spat like threads! Too funny! I have been on FB messenger with Ralph earlier actually! He says Mississippi is apparently "still around" although I know not where! I shall ask......x

It certainly was lively debate! There was a Karl as well as Mississippi, Ralph, yourself (as Ivoryfhisbone), Mandy Lifeboats  - a few names are coming back to me now! Yes - those forums were hilarious entertaiment as you rightly pointed out! They were quite addictive to read! I cannot believe it was so many years ago now! Hope all is well with you? I remember you were a major contributor (and often the voice of reason and mediation) on some of the Spat like threads! Too funny! I have been on FB messenger with Ralph earlier actually! He says Mississippi is apparently "still around" although I know not where! I shall ask......x