Tarot cards - urgent help needed

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tarot cards - urgent help needed

Hi guys

Hope you don't mind me using you as a resource. I have a case where a particular tarot card has been used. I only have a indistinct photograph of it and cannot get this information from a Google. Thought one of you might know.

The picture is of a person in a long gown or dress- you can see their feet.They might have two heads, might have wings and they are holding a staff.

I know, I know but one of you might be knowledgeable about this!

Many thanks

Hi mate. The Lovers card can have two people ( male and female) on it, Often entwined so it can look like one body but with two heads. Sometimes the woman is depicted as an angel or cupid and has wings. Any good. The Empress, is female, holds a rod and wears a long gown. The Temperance card shows a female ( normally) with wings wearing a long gown but showing her feet. She can hold diffrent things, cups of water for example. Each pack is different and there are hundreds of different designs. I have a few packs but haven't looked at them in years. I can get in the loft and dig them out if you need any more info mate. You also have major and minor cards in the pack. the three that i've mentioned are part of the major arcana.

I would suggest that the card is Temperance. It seems to fit most of your description apart from the staff. All cards should have a name at the bottom. Anyway please look at the following link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:RWS_Tarot_14_Temperance.jpg

You are both brilliant for responding so quickly. It isn't Temperance - at least not from what I can see but there appear to be hundreds of different designs. The photograph I have is really poor and you cannot see the words at the bottom. It might be the Empress - I am looking through the images I have. Don;t bother going up into the loft J - if you fell down and hurt yourself I would never forgive myself!! You have given me something to go on anyway. Many thanks

This has thrown a new meaning on attending one of the London readings!

It has indeed!

It is the Empress of the Third House of the major arcanum. She is a symbol of conquest, rebirth, balance, regret or suffering depending on how it is drawn versus the "layout" if the cards presented. Her staff represents the bond between heaven and earth and the snake represents the constant struggle of creation and destruction. Her opposite is considered the Devil tarot card since they represent a certain office within the major arcanums realm of revelation and power; the realms of light and darkness/life and afterlife. - Chinobus -

- Chinobus -

Ad note, earlier translation of the card is of sexuality and fertility by the twelve stars representing the twelve seasons of the year; and of the cycle of agriculture and cerenonial traditions within Old English religions. - Chinobus -

- Chinobus -

Ad note, earlier translation of the card is of sexuality and fertility by the twelve stars representing the twelve seasons of the year; and of the cycle of agriculture and cerenonial traditions within Old English religions. - Chinobus -

- Chinobus -

Thank you for that but what if the card was used in its own as part of a prayer ritual with photographs of people?