Every ABCtaler is a star.

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Every ABCtaler is a star.

Some people sing off key or out of tune and
others tell them "don't sing!" as if singing was the priviledge of a select few and not a universal right.

Sing if it makes you feel happy. Sing if your feeling sad. Sing in your own unique voice and don't stop singing just because of the deafness of a few.

I like ABCtales because it cuts out the middlemen
and, to be honest, I don't want to read what some editor or publisher or critic thinks I should read. I don't trust their judgement; they don't know me and what appeals to me.

I think that every ABCtaler, except those who belittle the efforts of others, is a Star, in my opinion. Thank goodness for all of you.

this is a really beautiful post :)
You are a star for sure John- so much goodness in you- thanks a lot for these words... I can follow you about the middlemen... ;)Pia
nice one well-wisher, you're a gent.

Hi John, I too agree with Pia, being a fan of so many writers on ABC Tales. Jenny.

Hear, Hear! Though I have to say I've not seen anyone being unpleasant or belittling on here, suppose it can/ does happen. I've only had encouragement and positive comments which I appreciate greatly. You're very right, though. Great place ABC tales.

This a truly unique community of creative individuals and those who run it and contribute to it cannot be praised enough.

This really made my day :) thank you.

P4perCake desu'ttebayo~! -smiles- This is something everyone should remember. No matter what time or day or age.

P4perCake desu'ttebayo~!

*smiles* I had the privilege of being tutored by two English professors years ago. Neither one had any problem sending my many poems back to me with a simple statement written at the top of the page " This is shit. Do it again. " I got so frustrated once, I wrote one back asking why he was even bothering if I couldn't write. His response I will always remember " I hear your voice in this mess. You can write. You just haven't learned how yet. " Yes... Sing ! But if you can learn to sing even better, do that as well. :)
I wrote a poem for a teacher once, he gave it back with the spelling corrected! I never tried singing for him, he'd have probably directed me to stick with poetry.

( smiling at L G Meadows ) Trust me ... I had a few of those as well, one in particular comes to mind. He would have preferred I simply shut up period, because I was a girl. He became fodder for a poem I wrote a few years later when I was 18. It won me my first contest, and some wise words from my Father "Even assholes can be inspirational !"
Maggie G Ahhh love your father's wise words, and its sooo true. I actually liked that teacher, I struggled in mathematics and he was so patient. He had a great sense of humour. Probably one of the reasons I eventually became a teacher.

Topic locked