Spending Sunday standing in the freezing rain, watching an 86 year old float down a river in a posh boat

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spending Sunday standing in the freezing rain, watching an 86 year old float down a river in a posh boat

Or sitting in a cinema watching Prometheus and then watching the 86 year old in HD with a cat on my lap.

Or doing neither, I have a 94 year old of my own and perhaps I should launch her down the Thames in a boat and see how many people come to watch. She would be screaming so I expect it would draw a pretty good crowd.

Oh and there are sod all street parties round here, probably because if they did hold one there would still be some bastard in a 4x2 who insisted on using the road and ploughing through the tables of seated scouts and OAP's because it was the shortest way to drive little Jonny to the school Jubilee celebrations.

Little known fact about the Queen:-

When I was at junior school 159 years ago there was a Queen related event and the last ticket went to Simon Brooks. There were only two of us who didn't go - me and Feesal Bacchis who smelt of kidney.

Where is the protest voice of youth as in the 77 'celebration'? We need a contemporary Sex Pistols. Today's youths are muted, lobotomised, beaten, Facebook dependent, celebrity obsessed über sheep. God save the Queen? I'll pass thanks.

"Where is the protest voice of youth as in the 77 'celebration'? We need a contemporary Sex Pistols. Today's youths are muted, lobotomised, beaten, Facebook dependent, celebrity obsessed über sheep." Perhaps the age of the teenager is dead. Perhaps, as was common prior to the 1950's, the rebellion should come from grown ups. Think of all the artists and writers before World War II, none of whom were teenagers. Why leave it up to teenagers to start a revolution when adults could probably make a much better job of it.
Simon Brooks appeared in an episode of "Just William" and that was it for his acting career so what good did the Queen do him - thats what I want to know? Little known fact about the Royal Family - they wear pyjamas that are made out of the faces of all of the competitors in the X Factor who visit Louis Walsh's house.

I wonder if Feesal Bacchis still smells of kidney? It's all kicking off on our street Lavadis; I'm watching a float setting up with a band on as I type, bunting has been vomited all over the place and i just want to stay inside until it all goes away.

Nothing much happening in my street, but then I don't live in the UK. That could be it. Couldn't agree with you more re the youth of today, Scratch *sigh*. http://www.ukauthors.com
The lack of protest is probably through sheer relief that Charles hasn't become king, frankly I'd rather have Nick CLegg as PM than that green inked loon with a crown on his head. Ah well, I shall grab my sponge and rusty spanner and stick on David Cameron's favourite album - The Queen is Dead by the Smiths. He's been quiet about that recently

Lovely day in Kingston, very nice Italian lunch indeed, watched Promethius - great fun - 2d of course and came home to hear radio 5 Live. The presenter said that people had been standing in the rain for 7 hours, the boats went past very quickly and it pissed down so badly that he thought he had caught flu from it. I have nothing against the Queen but she has as much to do with us as we do to ants. I was compelled to watch the last Royal wedding because I was recovering from internal surgery and literally could not move. The Jubilee meant as much to me as I do to the Queen.

How can you be bothered to watch Prometheus when both Wes Anderson and Ken Loach have new films out?

I was in two minds about watching the Jubilee concert but then walking Ego Robbie Williams came on and sang 'Let Me Entertain You' and I thought 'No thanks'. I don't feel too bad about having missed a duet between Gary Barlow and Cheryl Cole either. John Lennon would probably turn in his grave if he saw how Sir Paul McCartney is so chummy with the Royals. I can't imagine a Sir John Lennon. I liked the Duke of Edinburgh jigging to the hornpipe, though but now I realise he was just bursting to use the loo.
Cheryl Cole and will-i-am were abyssal. Can't stand Jessie J, seen her live (well, on the telly) a few times and she's always awful, loads of bum notes. About time Macca, Cliff and Elton retired gracefully, they couldn't hack it. Grace Jones was ghastly (and I used to like her). What was Annie Lennox thinking off with those bloody stupid wings (and I usually love her)! Not one of her best songs, either. Kylie was just silly, as was the sycophant Rolf Harris who was cringe-worthy with his 'we love you ma'am' over and over. All the 'comedians' except Lenny Henry were dreadful (missed the 'Winston' bit!). The little Ed wotsit chappie was good. Stevie Wonder was great! And, oddly, so was Tom Jones, I thought. Madness were average at best (although I liked the super-imposed stuff on Buck House). Quite liked the opera people and Bassey. I thought most of it was utter crap, though. We have some great musicians - where were they? Why not Adele instead of Cole - at least she can sing. And where were Clapton, Stewart, Beck, May, Bowie? (although the latter is not fond of royalty so probably wouldn't have done it). Firework display was magnificent. So there you are. All in all well missable. Other than that, I enjoyed it http://www.ukauthors.com
Missed all of the Jubilee - did not watch or listen to an entite thing - here I am - still alive, no flu, no wet clothes, no stories of not being able to get home. Watched a couple of episodes of Fringe and the finale of Touch when the concert was on. Oh and Wes Andersssssss snooooorree. Mmm I just don't get it. CT was wonderful in every single scene and I think she should be Queen

Topic locked