Considered bad form to repost a revised work?

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Considered bad form to repost a revised work?

I've recently rewritten my novel, adding nearly 100 pages to its count while cutting an entire chapter and editing and blah blah blah and I want to repost the piece, but I'd rather repost in its entirity as new scenes are sprinkled throughout.

Is this allowed, if I delete each old chapter while I repost? Not considered bad form is it? I really would like to see thoughts on the new format from my usual commenters.

Not at all, go ahead is what I say! No one judges you here. I can honestly say that. Good luck with your editing!

Natalia :)

I can't see why anyone would object mikey.

.... And you don't need to delete the old ones, just repost the new as new stories.... Same name, mark two perhaps?

Only one problem possibly, I have heard that you might lose all your reads and comments on the original posting. I think Insert has the answer just repost as Version two!
I'm constantly taking things down, usually because I've got somebody chasing me for libel or wanting to hack me into a million pieces. Personally, when reposting an existing piece, I always take the old one down because I don't want old 'lesser quality' work there for all to see, but the downside of that is that you do lose all of your cherries, so entirely up to you. But from an etiquette point of view, I'd say, go for it, it's what the site is all about, improvement and progression.

It's not as if you're deleting chapters and pasting in pages from the phone book, is it? It's still your book, even if it has changed drastically, so I would just do it - unless, of course, the administrators complain.
I don't think they will complain!

It might be a ball ache, but if you 'edit' each chapter you'll keep the reads and cherries etc. I think.
I've edited chapters when people have pointed out errors, and the comments and cherries remain.
Oh, I don't think I have to worry about losing cherries. I'll get em all back. It's me, after all :) Thanks guys, I'll prob just delete and repost. I've read all comments and feedback, of course.

Give me the beat boys and free my soul! I wanna getta lost in ya rock n' roll and drift away. Drift away...

Go for it Mike, look forward to reading them.

Do go for it - Animal is one of the best pieces on here and I recommend everyone to read it as it comes back on. It's a genuine Western - and we don't get many of those - much influenced by film but it's still a darn good read. I look forward to it.