Update on Richard's Sister - Susan Grech

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Update on Richard's Sister - Susan Grech

Hello good people and thank you so much for all your prayers for my sister Susan. As you know---she had her left lung removed and her esophagus, including scraping around her heart, and some surgery on her vocal chords. Phew---Prayers work. An update letter from my oldest sister Bonita below. Hugs and love from Richard and Esther.

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 12:07 AM, bonitarenaud wrote:
Steven, Patsy's Son is Susan's Godchild. He spent the day with her today.

Patsy finds that Steven has a calming effect on Susan. She actually said some words to him today.

She is off the respirator!! She now only has a mask to help with the breathing & she dislikes it!!

But, the respirator is close by, IN CASE!!

But, they do not want to use it because each time they do, Susan takes a 5 day step backwards!!

She shakes her head from one side to the other in desperation, trying to get the mask off.

When in pain, she winces! The Dr explained & showed the expression she makes when in pain. Not long after the explanation, Patsy called the Dr & said that she winced & he gave her medication for the pain!!

After her day's work, Patsy took over from Steven, for 3 1/2 hours!

She exercised her toes & rubbed her feet as the Physiotherapist showed Patsy. This helps with the circulation.

They have now, also, brought down the amt of drugs they were using to sedate Susan.

She is slowly coming out of her induced sedation, but is still incoherent.

Patsy wrote simple messages on paper, encouraging her to breathe SLOWLY. She put her glasses on & Patsy said that she focused on the message.

She opens her eyes also.

A bit of positive signs! And the Dr says that they are happy that her right lung seems to be functioning well!!

Take care,

Love,

Bonita

ps. Patsy is my middle sister and her son is Steven.

Richard L. Provencher
Richard L. Provencher
That is great news for you, I am sure. So...very happy for you. Too many times I have seen it go the other way, and I guess I have not chosen to write about it as of yet. I am pleased to see all is going well for your sister. GGHades502

GGHades502

Hello GGHades502--thank you for your kind words. Apparently my sister Patsy bit through the air tube, and the doctor, a well known surgeon, said he had never seen such a thing. With continued prayer Susan has a fighting chance, and the fact she even survived the operation which had a skim chance for success, is a miracle. All the best, Richard LP ps. How long have you been teaching in China?
Richard L. Provencher
Richard L. Provencher
Richard L. Provencher
Richard, If prayers from across the sea can help then I am sure Susan will get a lot of help. She survived an horrendous operation and still has a long way to go but she is making progress and that is something positive to hang on to. Best wishes to you and Esther and brave Susan and all of you remain in my thoughts and prayers. Moya

Thank you so much, Moya. I still remember her as a little five year old pushing around our male tiger of the neighbourhood. Whiskers was a tough alley cat and the king of the area. He was huge and allowed Susan to carry him around, dress him up in doll clothes and bonnet and push him around in her little carriage. At night he tore up the alleys once more. Cheers, Richard
Richard L. Provencher
Best wishes, Richard, to you and your sister. I hope she continues her recovery. Keep at it.

Parson Thru

Thank you, PT. She is a very strong willed person and will fight for life, aided by our collective prayers. Richard & Esther
Richard L. Provencher
new Richard L.Prov.. Hi! Richard and Esther,so pleased Susan, is mainly over the worse part,when a circle is made, all sit and pray,that special person whoever,prayers are answered in many ways,or different ways. One doesn't always know! Healing power can do. May Susan improve each day,with the love shown and given,help her to cope! I can imagine her pushing cat around dressed up. I had someone in family big family,their son,not mean't to live from five much,prayer circle done,well over 40 now looked after daily. At 10 my brother and I saw an iron lung for the very first time in hospital. With care from Dr and Nurses Susan will be more responsive every moment. I know it isn't easy. Very cold hear keep warm. Hugs and kiss xxx One for each of you. Must have time too yourselves as well breaks. julie xx
Thank you Julie for your very precious comments. Richard & Esther
Richard L. Provencher
Wonderful news, Richard. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Thank you so much, Hudson. Richard
Richard L. Provencher
Best wishes to you and your family, Richard and wish Susan a speedy recovery.

Thank you so much, hulsey. My family thanks you too. (latest update from my oldest sister. She is the point person on this as my sick sister is over 2,000 km. away)Bonita's email last night--- From: bonitarenaud Date: Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 10:36 PM Subject: Update/Susan/Sun, Mr 3rd To: Richard Provencher Pretty much the same as yesterday! The Dr said that they find that Susan is taking a long time in coming to, which could mean a few things; Some take longer than others, the meds may be a little mixed up (the reaction among them) OR the more serious one,, she may have some brain damage--which they are quite sure that it's not this. Her vitals are good. She opened her eyes a few times, but no reaction to anything. Love, Bonita
Richard L. Provencher