For Your Convenience...

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For Your Convenience...

If you scroll down to the bottom of any page on ABCtales now, you will find a Google searchbar.

You can use it to meet all of your search engine needs without having to leave the ABCtales.com site, because all searches open in a new browser window!

Don't say that we don't try and make life easier.

Also has any tried the bookmarks yet? I'm finding them dead useful to tag stuff I want to have a look at later, or stuff I have to remember to email to a friend.

Cheers,

Mark Brown, Editor, www.ABCtales.com

Mark, I'd noticed the bookmark option but not used it. Now I have. It's a good feature. It used to be a pain trying to find stuff that you'd liked. I've also uploaded a picture. I noticed in the options there's something which says 'don't rate my stories'. Is rating an option yet? Have I missed it? I'm also looking forward to the writer of the month, story and poem of week. I know the next is to be Fergal. Good choice. But I haven't seen her around recently. One thing, I'm not sure I like the 'Online Users' bit. I feel a bit like I'm in a open prison. But that's just me.

*waves back to Liana, and swings 20 fags across wrapped in the end of a bed sheet* Yeah, I don't get that. Now, 256 guests? It seems a lot.

As I understand it, this all hinges on pages being requested. One page request or more coming from a discrete user counts as a visit. There are loads and load and loads of requests from search engines for abctales pages that don't exist because they've had their addresses changed when we updated the site. Eventually, as the new pages of the site get added and the old pages address get dropped there should be a more representative number. Cheers, Mark Brown, Editor, www.ABCtales.com

As the search engines gradually re-find all the stuff on the site then they stop crawling all over it with quite such gay abandon - so give it a couple of weeks and the 'guests' should settle down to realistic levels.
Topic locked