Ho hum...

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ho hum...

Not much happening here today...

:-(

Spike54 Hi y'all I'm new here just signed on t'day....Is it me or is this site really slow?...

Spike54

I find this site extremely slow. You are right. I wonder why, don't think its my pc

It has been really slow, but seems better now. Welcome, Spike! - so what do you write then? "P"
Iit is a bit slow - but it is imporving. We are doing all we can to speed it up. There is a heck of a lot of data on here and it can get turgid as everything is constantly searched through - but we are working on clever tricks to improve matters.
Spike54 Hi P, not much at present, I expect I'll read others works and comment a bit that's all. The site is marginally faster this savo' Tony thanks. So what is good and what is bad here?

Spike54

What's good? And what's bad? Blimey, where do we start... Anyone?????
PS. "clever tricks"... is that Website Administrator-speak for "scratch our heads for hours, then randomly press all the buttons on the keyboard and see what happens?"... ;-) ;-) ;-) PPS. just kidding... you all do a wonderful job really... :-)
Spike54 Well P I guess I am never bored enough to hit all the keys together, but sometimes when I am working late my cat Nelson jumps on to the key pad and "helps out". I have had a bit of a troll round and can see that there is a lot to read and comment on here. This Gen Diss Forum seems a bit lively by the looks of some of the threads, when does it warm up? What time GMT please as I travel a lot... And P what is the best thing on here "for you" that is? The site seems to be getting quicker, I guess the cookies are kicking in... catchyerlater......

Spike54

Spike... For me, I mainly surreptitiously flick in & out of the site, throughout my working day, when no one's watching (hopefully!), reading & occasionally commenting on some of the shorter pieces (in "Recently added"), posting my own work approx every few days (Larry & Mick are my babies), & checking out Gen Diss & Discuss Writing On ABC (mainly) to see if anyone's saying owt interesting re my work, someone else's work which I like, or anything else. Sometimes things get a little heated, but I personally prefer to stay out of that particular kitchen! On the whole, people around here seem to be a pretty decent bunch, who, between the old toot, have some interesting and useful things to say! Re busiest times etc... not sure really... anyone? Anyhoo, that's me... "P"
Hi Spike, I'm new to the site as well, and I have found Pepsoid's work to be extremely funny if you want somewhere to start. Mostly I just linger in the Recently Added section, and read more if I like a particular author. Lisa
Aww shucks, Lisa... *** lies back, limbs to the sky & allows Lisa to mercilessly massage ego ***
Spike54 Ahem!....Ladies may I interupt? Thanks for filling me in on what's what's around here and I will being reading..... Thanks again to both of you for a warm welcome.. Spike.....

Spike54

Ladies?! Hmm, mutual female ego-massaging... ...yes, I can see why you might have thought so... ;-)
Spike54 Then I apologise to both of you for interupting P....Hoped I would make a better start.....

Spike54

No need for apologies, Spike! I must, however, apologise for my sauciness... I am not normally such a fruity fellow... it was the ego-massaging that did it... :-/
Hey there! Enough with the naughtiness! If you like I can read through all your works and find one I don't like... :) As for you Spike, no worries. Us ladies got to stick together, right?!
Oh, Spike's a lady? I'm getting very confused now... :-/ >>> Enough with the naughtiness! ...sorry, Lisa, I'll give myself a good telling off... There, I've been told!
Well it turned out to be a livelier afternoon... & it was fun to meet newcomers, Lisa & Spike! See y'all later... "P"
Hi I am Tai and I very much welcome your new faces to ABC. I've been hanging around 26 weeks apparently!lol There is a lot of great talent here and the site has been revamped too. I look forward to reading your work very soon Smiling, as always Tai

Indescribable!

Aww, poor Pepsoid, he misses his Jasper friend to talk to. Bless. My new story, which rips the piss out of abcfails, is up and running though, Spike. http://www.abctales.com/snitcher/lairy_and_mark_go_snailcatching have fun, coz most of us aren't at the moment.
So what happened to my post?
Boy! It’s just taken me about two days to get back on to this thread! Man this place is weird guys I don't have all day to sit waiting for ABC to decide if it is gonner load or not.. I posted a comment on Lisa's piece Grey Oceans but it didn't appear and then every time I tried to log on it just stalled......Thanks Tai, glad to meet you too even if it is awhile after your welcome... I was recommended to try this place but to be honest it is the most difficult site I have on my current Fav's.... And the column seems edgy to me, Snitcher why would anyone want to write a piece that "rips the piss out of anyone or anything?".... What earthly purpose would that serve? I am confused and frustrated by this place, hope it gets better with time? Was considering posting an old piece but have my doubts now.. Spike...

Spike54

Boy! It’s just taken me about two days to get back on to this thread! Man this place is weird guys I don't have all day to sit waiting for ABC to decide if it is gonner load or not.. I posted a comment on Lisa's piece Grey Oceans but it didn't appear and then every time I tried to log on it just stalled......Thanks Tai, glad to meet you too even if it is awhile after your welcome... I was recommended to try this place but to be honest it is the most difficult site I have on my current Fav's.... And the column seems edgy to me, Snitcher why would anyone want to write a piece that "rips the piss out of anyone or anything?".... What earthly purpose would that serve? I am confused and frustrated by this place, hope it gets better with time? Was considering posting an old piece but have my doubts now.. Spike...

Spike54

Spike54 Wow the connections slow, I am sorry I posted twice I pushed Refresh while I was waiting to see what happend... You need a bigger pipe guys...

Spike54

I find it incredibly slow as well, but I like the format, so for now I'm sticking with it. So what they need is a bigger pipe? Hmm. Will the Channel Tunnel do? Lisa
Spike54 Hey Lisa, I got back in quicker that time, perhaps it is in sync with rush hour and we just hit off peak at the moment?...I am reading stuff Lisa.. I liked your piece on Grey Ocean but my post didn't stick for some reason...never mind... And as for being a lady P what is your preference? What would you like me to be?

Spike54

>>> And as for being a lady P what is your preference? What would you like me to be? ...erm... I don't think this is the correct forum for that sort of thing, Spike... PS. don't be disheartened! ABC has been particularly slow the last few days - I have faith in the techy chaps getting it back up and running and widening the "pipe" or whatever... "P"
Spike54 Well what a difference this morning, mind you it is "off peak" at the moment. Couldn't get on from lunchtime onwards yesterday "Too Many Connections" it said...But today all seems "rosy" again, it even remembered my name and password! The whole point about a forum "P" is that you can respond instinctively, that is hard to do if you can't get on for two days...but I will bear with it.. Now "P" I hope you are a "gentleman" because I was referring to the fact that some guys are more at ease conversing with a female, verbal intercourse "P". I am shocked you had anything else on your mind, you naughty boy! Hehehe...only joking "P".

Spike54

*But today all seems "rosy" again, it even remembered my name and password!* Ah... that's why you always put your name at the top of your posts, incase the site forgets it again!
Well of course I am a "gentleman," Spike! I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you were actually referring to what you say you were referring to... what with you being new and all... I have no male/female "preference" (conversation-wise(!)) as a rule, but I do often find, by default, that I tend to "get on" with female personages moreso... Maybe I am just in touch with my "feminine" side! "P"
Spike54 Hey Camus, you know I'm new here and the name convention thing, well that just passed me by. Its a default you jerk! I do not type my name in each time, so why don't you chill and think of passive waters, or just take a powder pal! Now "P" I understand you a lot better than you do...

Spike54

Spike54 Camus it posts my name as a defult babe, not because I type it...you need to "deestress", think of passive waters, or just take a powder... And "P" I understnd you better than you do...

Spike54

hi spike, "too many connections" would suggest a DOS attack (which I think they've had before - there's something, I don't know what, about this website that seems to piss off nutters) but might be nothing of the sort. curious, it's not a default for me.

Spike54, you are the one that needs a chill pill, matey. Ever tried anger management? Of course not, too busy watching Buffy, no doubt. Read what Camus said again, then read your own posts, then read those made by everyone else and spot the difference! Dan, yes, this site gets attacked with DoS with its every incarnation. Makes you wonder who hates the place so much... can't be anyone who's banned coz they're too thick. Wonder who it could be? *scratches chin in pantomime manner*

Eeeek, jump back in your pram Spike dear, surely you have noticed that your posts are the only ones with your name as a leader? As for being new here, well you certainly have a new name....I notice earlier you mentioned that you need to know what time (gmt) the forums hot up because you travel about alot, how exciting...do you get to Australia much? P.s Am off out now but will check back in this *savo'*
Topic locked