A very new ABCtales

51 posts / 0 new
Last post
A very new ABCtales

This is a bit exciting. Trying out the new forums in the new ABCtales.

The layout looks different from the old ones but I reckon I will get used to that. And there seems to be some extra functions.

A couple of observations straight away. You have to log in (or register if you haven't already) to contribute to the forums. Otherwise you will get read-only. Pop to the top is back.
Looks good. Hope things go well.
Welcome all to the new world.
oooh, this so exciting. I'm just out of hospital having had my foot re-done and so it's back on the sofa for another few weeks. At least I have the new site and the Ashes test matches to look forward to. this is a great piece of work by fingers and I am deeply grateful to him - and to Steve and Mark in the office for guiding it all through with David and Mus's fantastic assistance. thankyou all and I hope that the rest of you enjoy it and all will be peace and love once more.
Elvis has left the building. w00 ---- John H

ooh, it sure is purdy

From what I've seen so far, good job fellows. I even put a story up.

It's not a bug...it's a feature.

wish I had a story to put up liberal use of the refresh button seems to be required to make the forum work, but otherwise very nice

This site is dead good. I am grateful to all.
Hey! new site and forums - bloody great. Was worried ABC was on it's way out but it's back with style. Glad to see we have to log in as ourselves to post - smart move. Hope your foot gets better soon, Tony - although I heard it was only 6 inches... (groan).
Ummmm....I just posted a comment but it doesn't appear. Duh. And I'm logged in. Let's see if this one works.
Ha! I guess I did something wrong with the first attempt. Oh well. Site looks good so far, and I logged on with no problems. Take care of the foot Tony. (ouch, hurts just to think about it.)
Groovey!!!!!!!
I have posted twice and NADA! I logged in fine am I banned?
My first post seems to be lost in the ether.
hmmm, second one works
Having read the code of conduct, can we still abuse people based on their choice of shirts?
No.
I'd say that abuse based on choice of shirts was almost mandatory. Any stuff that is confusing, baffling or otherwise difficult to get your head around about the new site, send an email to help@abctales.com. We're compiling the Frequently Asked Questions Page (http://www.abctales.com/abctales_faq) as we go along, so any question that you ask will help in making ABCtales easier to use for everyone. Not a bad job though, eh?

Can we abuse people based on their religious belief, skin color, nationality, IQ, sexuality (or lack thereof), length of hair, lack of hair, and extra digits?

Speaking of FAQs, it looks like we already have one. Q: OMG!!!1!!!one! My comment didn't go through! I must be banned! A: Do make sure you pressed 'Post comment' and not 'Preview comment'. Of course if that's not why your comment didn't go through, then ignore the flippant tone of that and do tell us. :-) Any problems, click on 'Contact Us' at the bottom of the page. Mark/Steve - You think we should maybe add a 'Help' forum for people having trouble with the new site? Takes 2 seconds...

It seems that Hox and I had the same experience: first attempt failed; second one was fine. Maybe the software needs to 'learn' by doing? :)
Since everyone's first post didn't seem to work I'm not expecting this to appear.
Wrong again :o)
so what do you think of the story and poem bit?
britgrrl aka freya Well....I've tried to post a comment twice before. Let's see...
britgrrl aka freya Now I'm trying to copy and paste original and it won't take..tried it twice .I did preview; could this cause a hitch?
I'll look into it. Thanks ---- John H

Enzo
Anonymous's picture
Sorry to put this here, but I've been trying to flag up a piece of work - Burning Ambition (KevinJHeritage) - but i keep getting 'access denied' when i create a new subject, depsite the fact I am logged in. Help.
Enzo
Anonymous's picture
Yes, clearly the problem is not posting, the problem is creating a new subject. Any ideas anyone?
stick the problem in the new help forum. I just created a new subject and it worked fine.
oooh shiny new stuff
ooooo.....this is very nice, thank you very much.

Hello, Liana. Might be. Depends, you know.
Hi Tom! Welcom back.
Thanks, James.
the site looks great. well done!
It all looks great - logged in fine, look and feel very nice. I didn't realise I had so many stories! Congratulations and thanks to everyone who worked on it.

Hey Tom...fancy meeting you here.

Indeed, Radio. *hums a few bars of Rocky Mountain High*
hellooo tom .... this site is a marvel ... it's a stalkers paradise ... you can look up an author and then see what they have posted ... stories and forum ... ooooo hahahahah ... *rubs hands in glee*
Hello, Haddock. I trust you and Bert are knight to queen's bishop 2.
Sing it loud...sing it proud!

they're just checking their mate. Ugh - that sounds like bum sniffing.
Ye Gods! Tom, Liana, Fish, Martin, and Justyn all on the same thread. It's like turning on Top of the Pops and seeing T Rex and the Bay City Rollers. I need a lie down.
i've never left, just haven't posted as much hox, you're a caution, and that's no mistake guvnor
That cool are we, Hox? Don't think we don't know about the Burberry slippers.
Like finding out that Pink Floyd have reformed - with Syd Barrett making a guest appearance. The site's much more attractive for writers in that you can easily see all your own work - haven't tried updating anything yet though! Well done you techie guys.
Who's Syd?
Topic locked