Highlights of 2011 including ABCtales

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Highlights of 2011 including ABCtales

Earlier this year after some internal bleeding a lump was found in my bladder. I was told to cancel my holiday because I needed to be operated on in 7 days on the basis it was about 90% certain to be cancer. I was too upset to speak to anyone but my wife but texted all my friends and communicated that way. For anyone who has had this procedure I will not have to tell them how painful it is but the lump was cut out and it turned out not to be cancer. My first highlight of 2011 is the NHS and in particular the nurses and Doctors at the Royal Free. Incredible.

My second highlight is those who supported me when I honestly thought I was going to die. I learnt that it is friends and family who make you rich inside, not money or material possessions.

When I was recuperating I read about Submarine on ABC tales and read the novel. I had been thinking about an idea for a novel - "Ex" but had not bothered after nearly but not quite getting published 10 years before. The experience had put me off writing anything but song lyrics for my band. I posted the first chapter on ABC tales a few months ago and can honestly say that my year and indeed my life changed as a result. I have been inspired to keep on writing Ex and post poetry but also I have met (virtually and in person in many cases at two ABC evenings) a wonderful community of creative people.

Your poetry and written work is just a breath of fresh air - all of you. Your rants on the forum pages have made me laugh out loud on some grey days and your comments on my work have kept me writing. Last Saturday morning I had to get up at some ridiculously early hour because I had a poem in my head that I had to post before the idea went. That is what ABC tales has done for me.

So thank you Tony for your work , thank you one and all and keep on writing. ABCtales has been a true highlight of my year and will be I think for years to come.

therefore that ABC tales is my final highl

I'm sorry to hear about your illness and the tough times you've faced because of it, but I'm glad to hear you've come out for the better, and it's fantastic that abctales has helped inspire you. It did the same for me, and I think it's improved my writing and motivation to write. It's good to hear you're feeling better and writing more and more, keep up the good work and I hope 2012 is a lot more successful and involves much less illness for you. Good luck :)

Fantastic forum post lavadis, it's great to have you on here and brilliant that you have got back into writing to help recover after such a horrible experience. I echo the post above in wishing you a far less miserable 2012, but with just as many highlights and wish you every success with your writing. :-)

Thanks so much FatBoy and MMK. In the end it has been a really good year - one in which one puts things into perspective and in which the stopper has been removed from the creativity bottle.

I was so sorry to read about your illness lavadis, I cannot imagine what it must feel like, to go through what you have. I like you have found so much solace, in reading and writing on ABC Tales, also to discover that so many others go through those moments, of having to write things down, before you forget, whether it be day or night. I hope you continue to recover and live a healthy life and like FB said, I too wish you every success with your writing. Jenny.

Thanks Jenny, it took about 3 months to fully recover but now I am fighting fit and running 3-4 times per week. I am however a bit of a pain in the arse when it comes to being careful about what I eat!!

Hey lavadis. How spot on you are with your, quote. "...I learnt that it is friends and family who make you rich inside, not money or material possessions..." Regards. ps read more of your tales next year
ScoZen
I can't gainsay any of the above. Lavadis, please accept my best wishes for a healthy and happy forthcoming year. And that last to one and all.

You too Scratch

new Lavadis Sorry to hear of the pain,and fear you were in,and do hope 2012 be a much better year for you. Yep any kind of pain can eat one away. As I had to deal with for years. And seen and meet so many now in pain. and they chat! So many things in life! Cause it,or had caused it. All had to be done! Subject closed. If one can think divert the pain,by eventually doing something,it's a great therapy,after no cure! Keep up your amazing writing So many things I here from friend's and people Definitely AbcTale has been another stepping stone for me,learning listening and doing and reading singing groups dance a bit,etc; and helping other's does help one self. I could write a prayer+ list needed for all.. Take care.So pleased you are improving. cavalcaderl julie x
What an emotionally stirring post. Well done for your recovery and this community is made richer for having you in it. Alex
That's quite a year you've had, lavadis, and I sense you're a much stronger person having come through it. Here's to a better 2012 for you and your family.
that is pretty awesome. thanks for sharing that.

Nicholas Schoonbeck

Wow, you are so fortunate for it not to have been cancer! And honestly for me, writing makes EVERYTHING better =) Such an inspiring forum topic... Savannah

Sav

Topic locked