Being Published

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Being Published

September has been a great month for me. One of my short stories "Saturday Afternoon Fire" has been published in 'America's Best Small Gardening Magazine' GreePrints, they even created a fantastic cartoon to support it. And now my second children's book "Monstrous Myths & Fabulous Fables" has been published by FeedaRead, they are a publisher sponsored by The Arts Council. I'm beginning to feel like a real author!

Well done, Jingle, that's great. Good luck.

Thank Hulsey.... Fingers crossed.... byeee
Congrats, Jingle. Just had a look at FeedaRead. They seem pretty decent, a sort of UK Lulu :) Looks like they use Lightning Source as a printer, who are good and reliable. We've used them for years at UKA Press. Nice one! http://www.ukauthors.com http://www.ukapress.com
Thanks Andrea, they published my first book Blackmore's Treasure. They are very professional and all my contact with them has been handled in a really helpful way. They are well worth a visit. Fingers crossed...let's see if I sell any copies. Byeee
Congratulations Jingle! Getting books published is very satisfying, eh? All the best. RLP
Richard L. Provencher
Thanks Richard...Good wishes fromm other writers too is encouraging, there's a lot of them on ABC. Byee
Fantastic news jingle. Well done mate.

Thanks Scratch, I am still finding it difficult to believe. But really the enjoying the experience. Byee
Always wonderful to hear of a fellow abctaler being published. I find it is a great encouragement for those of us who aspire to venture down a similar road. Congrats!
Thanks for that Steve. ABC started it all ages ago. I learned to keep polishing the manuscript and then have a go. FeedaRead provided the vehicle, the road's open...go on Steve have a go! Byeee
Hear hear.

Congratulations on being published, that is such an achievememt, a dream come true I'm sure. All the best for the future. Jenny.

Thanks for that Jenny. It is a dream come true but I still find it hard to believe. Great fun trying to market the book on the interent and elsewhere. Who ever said retirement was peaceful never wrote a book and tried to sell it! Byeee
Fantastic news, Jingle, and what's more, you've cracked the American market too. Well done. Trev

TVR

Thanks Trev...I wouldn't say I'd cracked the American market... I just got lucky there. Still it does show that looking wider afield can make something happen. byee
Jingle, Just wanted to add my congratulations your excitement and enthusiasm shines through. Moya

Thanks Moya. I must admit to being excited by this whole publishing thing. I don't suppose I'll ever write a best seller but to see my name on the cover of a well produced book...well I just never thought it would happen. ....but it has and I've nearly completed another... As they say in other publishing circles "Watch this space". Byeee
Good news, well done!

Congratulations Jingle, it's great that you've found a way to get your work out that works for you. Hope it goes well.

ashb