Musical talent from ABCtaler's ?

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Musical talent from ABCtaler's ?

I notice within the pages of ABC tales a considerable amount of talented musicians around.
From piano, brass, stringed instruments and more.
Who plays what, and do we have enough for a trio,
quartet, five piece band or even an orchestra??

I once attempted to play the spoons. I'm sure with a lot of practice, pots of financial investment and large dollop of jiggery pokery I could reach a suitable standard in time for our first gig at the Royal Albert Hall. Alternatively, I could sit quietly and watch real maestros at work.
I can only admire musicians and play a record or CD or the radio- I can do spoons though- maybe a duo OP?
I'm not even very good at the kazoo - but am sure I could do a decent impression of Bez for the right money.

My girlfriend sells the raffle tickets at the local folk club

new Julie I have a tambourine,music day centres use all percussion,did like horse clop noises, shakers,triangle,rainmaker.Marracas may spelt wrong! friend used to go,play guitar,and mouth organ. We'd sing a bit,and older sheltered homes,can't read music all join in. Poetry then. Folder files all kind music. My late father played piano,violin accordian.The spoons. None of family picked it up! Able to play.
I have been a singer, songwriter and performer since the 80's and I am just getting together material for some gigs in 2012. I am going to arrange some gigs in France to test the ability to be funny in French but since I don't make UK audiences laugh this might be a little over ambitious.... You can download my material for free on DropBox. Just let me know. We are looking for a female singer for one heartfelt song.

So far ABC talers we have Oldpesky and Highhat on spoons with Julie in charge of tambourine and triangle. FB with Kazoo and Lavadis on the high wire providing the vocals and assisted by the Mighty Zeppo. Terrance Oblong or is it the other one ? He will be selling the raffle tickets whilst posing naked. I do believe Silver Sand Lady can play the piano? I think Hudsonmoon plays the ukulele ? And, I read somewhere BarryJ1 plays brass?. Perhaps we could borrow P&PD's xylophone from her alphabet tale. Keyboards, brass and strings plus vocals its looking good so far. Anymore please?
ScoZen
This is going to be a big band- we must agree on the genre!
Hello Highhat. The only thing you need to consider at this point is? Do want to play tea spoons or soup spoons? Please discuss with Old pesky. ps I'm hoping it's going to be a big band. If successful may even tour Denmark. passe pa
ScoZen
new ScoZen Hello! Mustn't brag. But since church, achieved many things. All adversity. and so on. On the streets groups as spies taught! Joined other groups.All can't play instrument. On stage age 12 yrs old nativity squeaky little voice. My late mum got me in with her as extra, Theatre Royal Brighton late Noel Cowards Cavalcade no pay, she did 2 weeks I did one, as on holiday,great to do meet so many! Mum could sing I'll See You Again' never a professional. Years back she won talent. So try many things now. Didn't want sing,as songs reminded me of her. But do bit n/home. All groups and sheltered homes we went, councnil costs all finished. And in music world now, daycentres did we had music groups attended,all sung all kinds music folders. Now n/home once month. I was in choir one church after 12 years,didn't like hearing aid squealed. We'd sing all mixture songs,love all musicals rock n roll. So on "My heart and I". The Sound of Music. Can't read music. Over 50's all mixed sung and dance jive,tap shoes once. And so on. "Climb Every Mountain". "You fill up my senses" lovely song. May get time read my Shimmy shimmy shake, wanted it put to music, can't read. I do think pretty good,under circumstances. Your very talented Watch X Factor. Have good week-end. Voice not deep! bit of "Dusty Springfield, "Julie Andrews".Don't use voice regularly not home. He is not musicl minded. On good days we go n/home. Good luck. what do you play songs. As said even writing group and homeless and mixed groups,talented music dance peoms, hosts and cd books and oscars certificates all got, and filmed truly,amazing finished after four years, work and art great! Said too much! Been shows Rock around the clock.Brill all could dance bit. And The Sound of music look a like, Theatre Royal Brighton, won book, where mum and I were Cavalcader. Got signed by general Manager by post! Kindly arranged as to large carry! Von-Trappe family in etc; Some go backstage door meet get all signatures. cavalcaderl julie xx
I can play some guitar and ukulele. And I sing a little bit. Being separated by an ocean I may have trouble getting to any gigs. I could phone it in. But I'm game. Rich

Don't worry Rich we'll be doing a world tour and be coming your way so you can join up. he he don't forget to bring your lovely wife along! Can she play the ukulele too?
I just sing. Haha, I've been working on a solo project for years. chasing.parked.cars.

chasing.parked.cars.

Topic locked