'Cigarettes, Beer and Love' (for the last time)

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
'Cigarettes, Beer and Love' (for the last time)
Here is a brand new review of the book. See below.

To say that I am disappointed that ABC Tales have not reviewed it is a massive understatement. I sent copy over six weeks ago and was promised a review. These books are not a run of the mill print, but letter pressed and hand stiched. To give free copies away without a review is an expensive business for an independent publisher. For me also, ABC Tales has been important in my development as a writer.

The book is selling well, and perhaps another review may not help, but for ABC members to buy the book would have been a thrill.

Oh well and with a heavy sigh.

x

Ralph I'll buy a copy of it and put a review up soon.  I have also got to buy Denzella's book and jolono's too which I have been promising to do for ages.  I bought both of Blighters novels, if you haven't read them I can thoroughly recommend them as well as Florian's  "The Clamour King".  I will gladly post all of these out to you if you would like to read them too.

Hi Ralph,

Congratulations on the book - it looks fantastic, and the review is a stunner - well deserved, I am sure. I'm sorry you were promised a review that didn't materialise. If you'd like, I'd be more than happy to look over the book (perhaps a pdf copy to save on costs?) and write a blog responding to it.

Congratulations again

I must say, it looks beautifully produced, Ralph - well done. 

Hi Ralph, I know this is about a review from ABC. Just wondering where is the best place to write reviews of this gem outside of ABC? I don't have a blog site.  I've a few pages to go until the end. Ralph, thoroughly blown away by the whole book, lots of positive things to say. That review you've shared is absolutely spot on. Please point me towards the best public reviewing place, if you have one, and I will let loose. 

Vera, Ralph's book is listed on Amazon.co.uk. You could write your review there.

This is the link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cigarettes-Beer-Love-Ralph-Dartford/dp/B00EKG91Z...

Hi Vera

Thank you very much. Perhaps if you sent it to Scratch he may be able to pull some strings and put it up here.

If not,  just email it to me.

x

Ok Ralph, no problem.

Hi Vera

Thank you for the review. Hope they put it up.

x