Sad news

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sad news

I have just heard and am sad to report that Paul Hawthorne (Weefatfella) passed away last week. He was a contributor to ABCtales as well as UKAuthors and his prose was humorous and witty.
Although I didn't know him personally, I followed and appreciated his work and he was gracious enough to appear on my website http://gigipagano.wixsite.com/mysite as a guest (see Guests' Gallery).

I am sure ABC readers will join me in expressing condolences to his family and friends.

I remember him well and I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. Thank you for letting us know Luigi. If you have any contact details for his family, perhaps I ought to let them know he has work here? Or maybe you could pass that on for me?

I am sorry, Claudine, I have no contact information but Andrea Lownes at UKAuthors.com has as she received an email from his daughter. I told Andrea about Paul's work on this website and I am sure she'll pass it on.

Thanks Luigi

sad news, indeed. 

Condolences and may his family be at peace. 

Richard L. Provencher

He often wrote in almost incomprehensible Lankshire dialect didn't he, though some of the meaning would suddenly clear taking it slowly, and certainly humour. His wife was 'the Sweetness', and he drove a taxi. Rhiannon

He was a Scot from West Lothian, Rhiannon, and wrote in the Scottish vernacular which took some getting used to but eventually became clear even to a foreigner like me. 

Of course! sorry, I think I'd looked back and mistaken a reference to writing in the Lanarkshire dialect, with Lankshire! Rhiannon

I'm very sorry to hear about Paul.  Very talented and often with a great sense of humour.  Condolences and best wishes to his family.

How sad.  Condolences.

Although I haven't had the pleasure of getting to know Paul, it's always sad when someone dies. My condolences go out to his family. I hope they manage with strength to get through this sad time.

May he rest in peace.

Jenny.