ABC passes two milestones

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
ABC passes two milestones

90,000 stories and poems and 17,000 members!

Onwards and upwards.

Well I for one will raise a glass, ( any excuse).

I'm with you there, Jolono. I often raise a glass to others' success: friends, family, minor acquaintances, that sporty bloke on the telly...
Well done Tony and Tales.

I'm one of them 17,000 I am and right proud to be so! Those 90,000 stories they weren't all written by Sooz were they? Or, maybe even Jolono? Joking aside, Tony, you and the editors deserve all the accolades.

No moya, me and Sooz only account for 89,896 of them...

Biggus accounts for the other 104.

Marvellous. Maaaarvellous, as my aunty Cis would say. Well done TC and team. And all while maintaining the ethos. Grand.

Parson Thru

Yeah Jolono, Biggus has played a big part! It's a fantastic total TC and no doubt about it. I'll open a book on the nearest estimate to the date of the hundred thousand mark the winner gets a cherry (but not from me). I'll start off 100,000 stories on 12/1014 . Good luck to all who enter.

That will be just after the signing of the Magna Charta- that will be fine Scratch.. Great achievment for Abctales- good news-
wow, 17,00, I was wondering how many there are. That's great, it's a good place to be :)

Oh bollocks; sorry, here's what is missing... / Where's FTSE time machine when it's needed?

Wow, way to go, Tony and staff. An exciting milestone, and I am proud to be a part of all those great ABCTalers. Best wishes, from Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Richard L. Provencher
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!

Brilliant stuff. Well done Tony and ABCtales team! Scratch if there's a sweepstake for 100,000 stories I'll take 15/5/2014!
I think you're in the right area there - so I'll take 10/02/2014.
Oh - and Archie, on your ever positive response - the ones marked spam are part of our ever vigilant effort to oppose spammers (I won't go into detail for obvious reasons) but they don't count as part of the total. I do wonder where you get off.
Wow, a real achievement! I'll have a fiver on 07/01/2014, only 'cos it's my birthday....I wonder who wrote the first ever story, anyone know?

At the risk of stealing Tony's thunder he told me Mo Mowlam was the first to write a story for ABC Tales. Hope I didn't spoil this one, Tony. I just thought you might not see Shoe's post. Moya

Here ya go :) http://www.abctales.com/node/528699 Few years after the ABC launch though, which was in 2001 as I recall. http://www.ukauthors.com
Massive thanks for that link Andrea.

With new members coming thick and fast, I'm going to come forward a little and say...28/11/2013

I'm coming forward too- 28/12/2013- that's my birthday- should bring luck!
:D

Without wanting to steal Mo Mowlam's thunder, whose story was dated 14th September 2004, I had a story and a poem published on ABCTales on the 12th September 2004 although I am sure I joined earlier than that. I know that the site had a facelift and all contributions dates were changed to the year 2004 so it is possible that her piece was the first if it pre-dated the one shown. I am a member even though I have been inactive for a while but still follow ABC's progress.