ABCtales Live tonight!

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
ABCtales Live tonight!

Hi to everyone who came to the abctales Live in London event at the Wheatsheaf tonight! I thoroughly enjoyed reading to and meeting you all. Thank you so much for being so welcoming, friendly and supportive - what a great audience! So disappointed I had to leave at the interval to get home to Brissol, was particularly sad to miss Beeme reading her work. Thank you to Julie who royally cherried me, I love them! x

All the best to all,

J x

Ah well you missed a great second half. Thanks for coming all the way over (although yours wasn't the longest journey - good to see the folks from north of the border). Rob

Congratulations to all the readers on doing a fantastic job. The quality on show was very high and opened my eyes to fellow ABCers I hadn't discovered before. A big well done to Richard for hosting the event in a very professional manner and for using his persuasive charm to acquire a book for auction from Foyles. If Dermot O'Leary ever leaves The X Factor we have a replacement at the ready. A massive thank you to all the younger members, especially Julie, who helped my old legs climb those stairs to the function room. It was well worth the road trip to meet other like-minded souls, put faces to names and plant a seed for an evening north of the border one day.
new oldpesky, your telling porkies! I mentioned by your Title name, thought imagined you to have a walking stick and look older. And coming and chatting! great evening, meeting you and your brother. Are you back in Scotland near Dumfermline. Hope your get to next November. Great meet you an all. But owing to escalator not working, like"Thirty nine Steps," for me going back legs aching! But Ray still had small choclate spread sandwiches, a small flask little cap top of tea,nice thinks sometimes. julie x
And many apologies from me for failing to make it - I'm afraid that sickness overcame me and I have been confined to my bed for the past 48 hours. Many many thanks to Richard for jumping into the breach. I really appreciate it and I look forward to seeing you all in November.
Richard did an awesome job and oldpesky your name is so misleading! In my mind you were in your eighties clutching a cane, you're not "old" at all! I've been cracking up about it ever since. Hope you and your clan had a great London trip! Also, hope you feel better Tony, I am now bedridden myself so I know how you feel.

new Maggyvaneijk Hi! yes, great evening and meeting you and all. I thought exactly same as you by the title oldpesky, mean't old with a stick. I met to and came and chat! We laughed. Hope your be well soon, what's happened to be bedridden, oh! julie xx I hope (Tony) our Editor be well soon. missed him.
new Richard Must have been your charm! Just read the great news. Of the mystery man,paying rental of the room, and for forthcoming AbcTales evenings. Terrific news all go to the Railway Children. Yes, good amount of people. And well done all 1st time readers and helper's. WilkyBarKid. Great meet them all. cavalcaderl julie (Ray) xx
Just a great evening, Tony wish you well and hope to see you in November - let us have a date. Richard was a very welcoming host who set everyone at their ease. It was so lovely to read to such an appreciative audience and to meet so many talented people! Brilliant

I was surprised as all of you when the barmaid told me they had an over 21 policy and asked me for proof of age even though I hadn't shaved that day in a vain attempt to look more mature. It seems my daily application of Oil of Olay must be doing exactly what it says on the tin and working too well. Me and young pesky are now home safely. We both had a great time, as did my brother. Hope you all have a great weekend. Unfortunately, it's back to work for me today.
So we await the ABCtales Scottish evening courtesy of the peskies and celticman and anyone else. I'd come! Rob

You'd be more than welcome, Rob, especially if you brought your microphone and a sneaky karaoke machine. But first we have to increase the number of Scottish members. All ideas or cunning plans welcome. Right, I best head off now. Sunday is bath night.
I thought your bath night was only when there's a Y in the month ...

Yes, Rob, that's a fair point, but it was a special occasion. I had to wash that London smog off me. I'll send you down my dirty bath water, it's sure to be cleaner than your recycled drinking water. Richard, that reminds me of my mum shouting at me when I was really really young pesky, "Yiv no done behin yir ears. Get back up they stairs." Anyway ya couple of southern softies. Wait till the rugby next week. On second thoughts, I probably shouldn't have mentioned that. Scotland are likely to get a roasting.
Topic locked