How many of you have had more than 90 cherries?

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
How many of you have had more than 90 cherries?

How many of you have had more than 90 cherries? Or over 50? Or over 20? Or over 15? Just wanted to know =)

Savannah

we cant brag about these things - we're British! i've got two. 88 to go then i can rest my weary pen.

I dont even have 90 pieces on the site so def not 90 cherries. Besides, I am not a cherry picker? I just do this for fun and if someone else enjoys it I am thrilled! I think I am like Alice,I better get to writing.. ouch I have writer's cramp now!

hahaha, well I never had a cherry soo... And those aren't really my goals; my goal is to get people to like my work. Good luck to you with 90 cherries! Savannah

Sav

Ceratinly not me. Right now I have 305 stories on this site and 293 have NOT been cherrypicked. Beat that! Personally, I cannot speak highly enough of ABC editorial's generosity, ha-ha! sd

TVR

no comment

TVR

tcook has not got 90 cherries... he eats them!

maisie angel Guess what?  I'm still alive!

Haha, maisie, I like that! =D=D Savannah

Sav

I have 63, and am honored. Of course, the point of ABC is to give the people a literary forum that isn't filtered by editors, however good their discretion or taste is: plenty good in this case, I'd say, but that doesn't mean they're going to "get" every outstanding piece. Literature is such an impossibly complicated field! When I was a university student, I wrote passionately and prolifically and only the very, very odd piece was cherried, and that never my ambitious poems, but maybe a queer journal entry. With time and work, eventually the cherries started coming with frequency. Anyway, congratulations to all those doing good or meaningful writing on the site
"If I send you post-cards from the side of the road: photographs of movies, and hearts about to implode"  -  Elliott Smith
98 entries and 11 have been cherry picked. but more importantly, I've had many readers and a few comments. I'd rather get comments than cherries to tell the truth.

Nicholas Schoonbeck

Seannelson- Wow, thats a lot, and good job! cormacru999- Yeah, I depend more on comments rather than cherries. But I have never gotten a cherry, and I don't care, because people have given me good comments on my work, so I'm still happy. Savannah

Sav

I have noticed that there are a few people get automatic cherries. They could write the phone book and still get a cherry. Not that, like Sue, I am bitter. All my prose has been cherried, but only two out of many poems cherried. This has caused agonies of introspection, only saved by Fatboy, Seashore and Maggyvaneijk, who are very loyal, and worth all the cherries in the world. But I still wonder why the eds seem to dislike my poems. The trouble is, sometimes you start thinking about pleasing other people, rather than yourself. In my next ABC OCD (shameless self promotion) I will include a bit on crowd pleasing. That'll tell `em. Happy hunting everyone, and write exactly what you want to write, not what other people want you to write. I will try to heed my own advice. Keep writing Sue. Editors don't always get it right, so don't let the bastards grind you down. (sorry eds - please don't take it personally - grovel).

Overthetop1

Getting readers and comments is more important than those pesky cherries. Readers and comments are signs of reaching and stimulating a wider audience than a lone editor sitting in a poorly lit room surrounded by crates of cherries. So, bearing that in mind, could someone please remind me what's the best way to get readers and comments?
I know I started a topic a while back about getting your first cherry, and whilst I was being facetious it was nice to get it. However, my second cherry only had 1 comment which made me think maybe it wasnt worthy of a cherry. So in the end? Think I'll have both thanks ;)
No, I would like to be able to give other people cherries though :) and maybe some of my own :D ...

"I will make sense with a few reads \^^/ "

hey shep5377! ive got a cherry with absolutely no comment on. i feel i have something special!

Hurrah, just got my 90th cherry. What happens now?

What, I don't get a special 90th cherry on top of my cherry?

Nope, sorry... Savannah

Sav

I've just checked - you can see on everyone's profiles how many cherries they have got. Mine says: 'Right now, I have 328 stories in 17 collections on the site. My stories have been read 211330 times and 118 of my stories have been cherry picked.' So yes, I have got more than 90 cherries - but then, I have been posting work on here for over 10 years... I would like to see a facebook-type 'like' system too, though, but am afraid people would use it instead of commenting. I comment on everything I read... and read as much as I have time to! J x

Topic locked