Published!

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
Published!

They've only gone and offered me a publishing deal for my novel! How great is that! I am very very very very very excited indeed.

The novel (The Satanic Diaries) started out right here on ABCtales a few years ago, so can I say a big thank you to everyone who has read / commented on it in that time. Without the encouragement that I got here I wouldn't have even dreamt of turning it into a novel, so thank you :) You all rock!

I will update further re release date etc when I know myself.

Woohoo!

Kris

Well done Cloven Hoof. That is great news. Moya

Wow. PS. WOW! PPS. Brilliant news. PPPS. Any tips and pointers gratefully recieved.

Thanks Moya, thanks Scratch! It's still hard to take in, to be honest :) As for pointers, all I can say is to keep trying and to not be put off by rejections. Everyone gets rejected at first. Just keep sending it out there until you find someone who likes it! Kris
Bastard! How dare you get this before I have!. Well done mate, I'm chuffed for you. Remember us poor souls at ABC when you step up to get your oscar!

It is now time for me to drop the pretence, to stop the dis ingenuity. I am posting here under the pseudonym 'scratch' but my real name is Mantel, Hilary Mantel.

Well my name is Maureen but only on Sundays between 12 and 5. When the wife is out!

Thanks guys! It was Netherworld who accepted it in the end. Given the subject matter of the book that's a very fitting match up :) Since we're being honest about our identities here I'd better own up to the fact that my real name is Hartley. J R Hartley.
Brilliant Mr hartley. My real name is Tolkien. P S V P N Tolkien.

Well done, Chris... that's fantastic news. sd

TVR

Congratulations, CH! I'll be on the journey of trying to get published myself here very soon, and any advice you could share would be great. Once again, congrats! -Craig

Brilliant! Well done.

Oooh, congratulations! Hope it takes off!
Big congratulations for getting your book published, I can imagine you're really proud. Good luck. Jenny.

CH, fantastic news. Good for you! Well done!

That's great news. Always like to here when someone breaks through. You have my heartfelt congratulations. All the best, Rich

great stuff. I hope you sell sackloads.

Ahh, thank you everybody! Your encouragement means a lot :) With the talent that's here on ABC I'm sure that I won't be the only round here getting published, so I'm rooting for you all too. And I'll be sure to namecheck you all when I get my Man Booker Prize! Thank you, Kris
ooh big congratulations Kris! Don't forget to pass it along will you - all the encouragement you received... pass it along to someone else here. There are quite a few people who write in that genre and i'm sure you could do a lot of good. Well done again!

Thank you! I certainly will be passing it along - I know how heartening it can be to get that encouragement. Sometimes that's the difference between writing and not writing. It's why sites like this are so important, I think. Everyone needs a boost now and then!
new Cloven Hoof Hi! Kris,just read the exciting news for you,wow! what a step,congratulations. Wishing you all the best,maybe we can all buy the book when it's out. cavalcaderl julie
Thanks Julie! If everyone bought it I would be a very happy man indeed :) Kris
***** CONGRATULATIONS! ******

Thanks Marion :)! Much appreciated! Kris ..................... Please visit my blog! Http://afteriwaspublished.wordpress.com
Hello! Just to update that the book should be out in four to six weeks. I'll update again when I know an exact date. Getting very excited now! Kris ......................... www.thesatanicdiaries.net Http://afteriwaspublished.wordpress.com
Great job, mate! -Craig

A great website. Well done.

Thanks Craig! Thanks Karl! You are gentlemen and scholars :) ......................... www.thesatanicdiaries.net Http://afteriwaspublished.wordpress.com
Hooray! The Satanic Diaries is available at last! (On Ebook anyway - the paperback version is taking a bit longer to filter through the system!) You can get the Kindle version here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Satanic-Diaries-ebook/dp/B00BUD1JMO/ref=sr_1... And other Ebook formats from Smashwords here: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/295676 The only paperback link I've found so far is Barnes and Noble here: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/satanic-diaries-krister-jones/1114840667... I'll update with the main Amazon link to the paperback when it is up and running. Thank you in advance to anyone who is kind enough to buy a copy! You'll be making a hopeful young author very happy :) Kris ......................... www.thesatanicdiaries.net Http://afteriwaspublished.wordpress.com
Fantastic! Good for you!

Thanks Karl. Hopefully it'll sell well and they'll publish the sequel too! ......................... www.thesatanicdiaries.net Http://afteriwaspublished.wordpress.com
Congratulations, I'll definitely snap this up, well done!

Added it to my cart on B&N.com and plan on sending it next week when I get paid. I can't wait! -Craig

Brilliant! Thanks Jason, thanks Craig :) Can't wait to hear what you think of it when you've finished! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Satanic-Diaries-Krister-Jones/dp/1909224340/ www.thesatanicdiaries.net www.facebook.com/thesatanicdiaries
Congratulations CH, an inspiration to us all!