Cherry Pressure?

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cherry Pressure?

Does anyone feel pressurized by cherries? Like the pressure that parents and teachers place on a school child to get an 'A' rather than an 'F'.

No
no- we are not children anymore ;)
Life is no bowl of cherries

No, well-wisher, you have to realize that cherries are merely an opinion. an opinion somewhat likely to have some validity, but nothing more. I'm glad when I get a cherry, but I sure don't live for them... or use them as my primary judgement of failure or success even on this web-site. digitally yours, Sean
"If I send you post-cards from the side of the road: photographs of movies, and hearts about to implode"  -  Elliott Smith
-editors don't always get it right,' I do :>

I love getting cherries. but then again some of my pieces that have been picked I don't believe are my best. And some of my fav are absent the shiny read fruit (expecially recently :/) In fact, one of my cherry pics alot of commentors didn't enjoy on ABC, but people loved on the other site I post on. It's all relative. and opiniony. But most of the time I think the cherries given are well deserved. And the standards have gone up. I remember the first cherry I got and the first story of the week I won. Both for rather mediocre (in my eyes) pieces. But I do love my SOTW awards. :D

Give me the beat boys and free my soul! I wanna getta lost in ya rock n' roll and drift away. Drift away...

gi\/e me a cherry on all my work please!

Until we feel our thoughts our thinking remains unfelt

No.
Well, davidgee certainly doesn't - feel any pressure that is.
I concur with barely black francis - those three points sum it up nicely.
Iam just annoyed, that when I got my one and only cherry, I didn't even no what it was. I just thought it was a pretty picture in the corner of my work. Now I can appreciate it, I'll probably never get one again. And no, I am not just writing to receive a cherry. Jenny.

Is that picture supposed to represent the fact that I am nieve? (sorry don't know how to spell that word, and childish? Because actually the picture does remind me of my self. But I do know when someone is taking the micky out of me. Jenny.

Jenny, I think the pic shows someone looking annoyed, as you said you were. I don't think whoever is doing these pics is taking the micky.
It's Evian spelt backwards our Jen.

What about the A&R man at Decca records back in the early 60s, who turned The Beatles down? He reckoned they didn't have what it takes.

at first I thought two cherries were better than one but not as good as three. Now I know you only get them in pairs however good or bad the work is. Dont write for cherries, but encouraging to see them on what is posted.

have the pictures stopped? I quite liked them

No- we are not children anymore I'll figure out how to get my potato man in here sooner or later ;@
Has anyone seen my potato man? He is just as scrumptious as the cherries- well almost ;D James Bond would never have gotten a cherry- all that is quoted is "Shaken not stirred"
I got one cherry on a silly poem and one serious poem, a lot of my best poems dont get read or commented, cherries seem to get you more reads & advice, maybe people who need them more comments should get them? Picture-granter, please can I have a panda? ^^ K

"I will make sense with a few reads \^^/ "

I think comments are the most rewarding part of the site. At least that way you know that some of the people shown as reading your work have persevered to the bitter end. And I do like the new habit of editors commenting on why they've awarded a cherry.
Yes ofcourse, I am glad to know someone read it & thought it was just good! I just think getting a cherry gets you more comments & advice, which helps me a lot, yet not always on the poems that need advice. K

"I will make sense with a few reads \^^/ "

When I read the others pieces of work and read the comments, whether or not they are cherry-picked, I think that I learn a lot and get a lot of writing tips. Keeping up with the cherry-picked and getting cherries myself helps me to be better. Actually getting a cherry is very encouraging and lets me know how to continue with my writing style. The standard on this site is very high so it is really nice getting cherries along with the others. ;)pia
Thanks for the potato man. Isn't he just lovely?
Topic locked