Published by United Press Ltd!

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Published by United Press Ltd!

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to share some very exciting news: three of my poems are getting published in three new anthologies from United Press Ltd!

I entered two competitions by United Press Ltd earlier this year and both my submissions were successful! My poem "Diminuendo" is being published in their anthology "Seeds of Inspiration" which hits the shelves this autumn, and my poem "This Poet's Hands" will be featured in the "National Poetry Anthology" which comes out in 2012.

But the best piece of news has to be my third poem. The editor at United Press sent me a letter telling me he was so impressed with my work he wants to publish "Our Love" in their upcoming anthology "Uplifting Moments" - a collection I didn't even submit to!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone on ABCtales for their invaluable support over the years - part of my success belongs to you!

Magic xxx

Yes great news Magic- and yes you certainly deserve it- well done...
This is fantastic news Magic! I'm so happy for you, well done! Your poetry is amazing I hope you beileve me now!! Beeme xx

k.

Thanks so much, Paul, Pia and Beeme! This is my first big poetry break, really feels like I've got my foot in the door now :) Magic xxx

Magic you absolutely deserve it, your poetry is brilliant and should be read by more people. You're still only a youngster as well and will improve and improve which is pretty scary. I'm well chuffed for you - nice one. :-) :-)

well done magic :)))) well deserved. Glad for you. xxxx

smiley Keep Smiling

Keep Writing xxx

Thank you fatboy and Prettyrose! :-) Ah, I don't feel so young anymore - we've just dropped my little sister off at university to start her first term there! Rather happy I don't have to relive Freshers' week when I return to Durham in two weeks! Magic xxx

Thanks, Richard! What a beautiful metaphor - but the flowers would never have grown if it weren't for people like you on ABC ;-) Magic xxx

Congratulations!
Thank you Sunday and Lord Lucan! :-) Magic xxx

Hi Magic, just turned on to ABC Tales this morning and read your amazing news, that's wonderful, I really wish you all the luck in the future. It looks like we have a future poetry star in our mists. Jenny.xxx

Wow! really, really, well done, I am so glad but not at all surprised, keep us posted on the release dates,:}

MAGIC! wow, this is all more than deserved and the beginning of a long line of publications. Congrats!!!

Big big congratulations magic! Make sure you get Tony to put a link on the front page when it's out so we can buy it.

Thank you Jenny, Shirley, Maggy and insert!! As soon as I know when and where you can buy the anthologies, I'll let Tony know :-) So excited! Magic xxx

Congrats magic. I just tracked down Diminuendo and was completely blown away.
Thanks OP! Glad you like "Diminuendo" :-) Magic xxx

new MistakenMagic Many congratulations. You are a very good poet. and deserve the publications,wherever whoever publishes, for you! Well done. Are you making it to London. Thankyou hope you go on geting published. Hope your well. Diminuendo check again. (cavalderl) julie xx
Thanks, Julie! I'm afraid I won't be able to come down to London as it's a bit too far for me to go so close to returning to uni. But I hope you all have a great evening! Magic xxx

That is absolutely wonderful news. Well done. But you no longer write here, because we're all too jealous. Brilliant news.

Thanks, celticman! Don't worry, it'll take a lot to get me to abandon ABC ;-) Magic xxx

Well done Magic! Thoroughly deserved!

Cheers, Mark :) Magic xxx

Topic locked