I'm good enough to be Plagerized!

42 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm good enough to be Plagerized!

Yay! I'm officially good enough of a writer to be plagerized!

my story The Boy with the Buttons seems to have been plagerized. some person posted the work as her own on The Young Writers Site.

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic39626.html

well...fuck me...

the hilarious part: the only parts really critisized are the few phrases she deliberatly changed.
HA HA HA HA!

odd enough it brings about feelings of intense rage and pride all in the same note.

Congratulations! You could inform the youngwriterssociety site, but it's probably not worth it. The culprit will be found out in the end, if they have to plagiarise... well, let's just say they are too lazy to be successful, whatever the definition of successful is.
On this site there's a Castlesinthesky...maybe she flits between sites thieving work. That's if it's the same person which I guess it might not be.

Actually it probably isn't the same person as she seems to have entire novels on here as opposed to individual stories. Just a coincidence. (She said quickly).

Incredible. I don't understand how someone who does that can live with themself.
No, I've checked like Inspector Clueless and it is the same person, well same photo anyway. Unless it's a stolen identity. I can feel a whole new conspiracy theory coming on.

well, CastlesInTheSky is now off the site, booted off, so at least now I get the credit. that's all that matters. everyone gets found out. karma baby.

Give me the beat boys and free my soul! I wanna getta lost in ya rock n' roll and drift away. Drift away...

Hey Mike, just visited YWS: readers of Gibbous House, on here for some time, will be interested to see some parts of it newly reincarnated as Tipping the Velvet by..... Castles in the Sky. I'd like to say it's subtly done but ... the hero is a heroine; but there are whole chunks lifted, usually the descriptive parts and inserted into the young lady's 'novel. Viz. 'Moving closer, she perceived a performance was being held; a stall like that of a Punch and Judy show, only exceedingly more capacious, was almost blocking the thoroughfare. It seemed too grand to be wheeled along by its proprietor, however strong he might be. Anne say no dray or mule in its vicinity. Drawing nearer still, the two apprised themselves of the show’s nature: known as a ‘Marionette.’ Wooden figures japed around the stage, jerked by strings manipulated by an unseen hand. In no way were these movements natural, rather the jerkings of the palsied.' seems rather closely related to: Moving closer, I percieved they were watching a performance. A stall like that of a Punch and Judy show, only exceedingly more capacious, was almost blocking the thoroughfare. It seemed too grand to be wheeled along by it’s proprietor, however strong he might be. I saw no dray or mule in its vicinity. Drawing nearer still, I apprised myself of the nature of the show. Wooden figures japed around the stage jerked by strings manipulated by an unseen hand. In no way were these movements natural, rather the jerkings of the palsied interspersed with episodes of St. Vitus. Such shows were still known amongst their performers as ‘The Fantoccini’. Fashionable London preferred to use ‘Marionette’ after the Exhibition at the Adelaide. Hmmmm???? Still, I'm told this is what people do at uni now so I suppose I'm fair game.
I really fail to understand how such people can live with themselves, but then my honesty always seems to be my stumbling block... this is horrendous! J x

Perhaps I should have said which version was mine. LOL
I too looked at this individual on The Young Writers Site and it seems she is 13. Aren't they taught what plagiarism is? Do they really think that appropriating chunks of somebody else's work amounts to 'creativity'? Ewan, I think you should make the editors of that site aware that these things go on.

I think they already know, Luigi.
I'm rather hurt she hasn't copied anything of mine now

Give it time, the castlesinthesky on here appears to have a very similar bio to the one (still) on youngwriterssociety.com :-(
Theresa, If you're out there. There's some examples of real copyright infringement!

What would you know bukh? Have to say, your retort was funniest by far to Theresa, though I wasn't aware of quite how many publications web and otherwise you were in control of. One thing you forgot to say in your response, you should have threatened to sue her for slander. Mike, must be flattering. All sorts of people have done it to me. I had a time machine once and if I ever get hold of that William Shakespear and Charles Dickens... I tell you. And don't even mention Salinger, Kerouak and Hunter Thompson. Okay, worth a try. Craig
Jayzus, that's some real strange shit going on there. I just looked at the profile page of that individual, and I'm thinking that someone of 13 could not have the spectacular audacity to do something like that, unless they'd been living out of the internet all their lives. Yeah, maybe at the age of 13, she could well have been living out of the internet for most her life, but...wow, so suspicious, im surprised, and thankful that my own writing is too shite to rewrite.

I don't really believe the castlesintheky here is the same one on that site. she's actually written a novel which is rather excellent, doesn't strike me as the same person.

Give me the beat boys and free my soul! I wanna getta lost in ya rock n' roll and drift away. Drift away...

Well, it's the same profile image and profile bio, Mike, so methinks there maybe some fraud going on somewhere. If those pieces of fiction which have been appearing on the other site have been plagiarised from pieces over here, who knows what has been plagiarised for here from over there. shit, my drift I hope is catching. That whole castlesinthesky thing is very peculiar, my friend.

It's crazy. It's like something out of a detective story. It just makes my stomach turn over.

It turns out she was dead all along! and some fat guy was running the whole show.

It would be nice to hear from our resident castlesinthesky.
What exactly do you mean by "Some fat guy in a trailer somewhere you reckon mike?" chuck?

Darn, I thought I deleted it. As soon as I wrote that I thought it might upset you. Sorry Crack.....I know you're OK.
Okay. Off to make a pastrami three-raccoon egg omellette.

Yeah, I'll take one of those. Hold the pastrami and eggs, buddy.
Great. I like mine without too much fur.
Mama Mia, the giraffe laid four raccoon eggs today! Let's throw a party! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY57jGNCN8Q

I say let her sit on them for a while. They get crunchy.
I will investigate at this end!
pancakes and ice cream! (everyone else is doing it...)

Maybe this sad person needs help. Obviously craves attention or praise - which probably explains why she didn't steal any of my work :(
I think she's stolen all of my work - just checked my profile - I've got zero stories in zero collections... must've left a window open. Damn. ~ www.fabulousmother.co.uk
What makes you think, mikepyro, that the rather excellent novel is any more her own work than the other stuff she has clearly stolen?! A valid point in my book..hang on, where IS my book....oh yes, I have yet again started another one....the poet can try?! J x

well...the book is good. I wouldn't think it was amazing enough to plaguerize. I mean it's an entire novel. and most plagerizors (yes, i know I spelled that wrong) tend to go after only the high class, amazing writing. like my work for instance.

Hmm... I wonder if I sent mine to her, would she use it? What's her e-mail address again?
I have written to our castlesinthesky but have had no response. I'll give her a while longer and then will have to remove her if I get nothing back.
That sounds like mine, Skunk. It had ‘the’ beginning, ‘the’ middle and ‘the’ end in it – the rest was filled in with xxxxxx because I couldn’t think of anything. It’s my life’s work, you know. Could I have it back in the Spring when it’s warmed up a bit? ~ www.fabulousmother.co.uk
Could you throw in a plot too? That would be handy. I've got an old one in a drawer but it's full of holes. ~ www.fabulousmother.co.uk
I wouldn't put too much faith in Skunk's plots if I was you 2Lou. He tends to wander off on tangents.
Oh, bugger, does he? Are they those really high-heels? ~ www.fabulousmother.co.uk
Basement-dwellers should avoid high-heels, Skunk – low ceilings. ~ www.fabulousmother.co.uk
Topic locked