Upstairs with ABC Tales

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
Upstairs with ABC Tales

Being relatively new to the site I wasn't sure what to expect when I volunteered to perform, however the venue was lovely, the people were really friendly and the work was excellent, I had a great night and I am looking forward to the next one. I might also get it together to post more often !!! WELL DONE TO ALL CONCERNED. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

I concur. Was a really good night and I'm glad I got my bit out the way early on so I could fully appreciate how good everyone else was. Thanks very much to all the organisers - a great success all round.
Congratulations to everyone who read their work. I came as part of a group of four and we all really enjoyed the event. The quality and variety of the writing was excellent. We had witty, hilarious, thought-provoking, moving and powerful, sometimes all within the same reading. My lot will definitely be back again for the next event.
I agree - an excellent evening all round. Thankyou all. There will be another in The Wheatsheaf on March 15th. Now to get one together in Bristol. Any takers for organising a venue? I do enjoy these events! It's great to meet you all and the readings are always inspiring.
Hi Guys, It's lovely to read that you all had a good time, I imagine the stories, e.t.c were all brilliant because there are so many talented writers on ABCtales. I find it hard to travel too far for various reasons, so I do hope there will be an event in the West Midlands This Year. But I do hope many as possible go to Bristol if there is one organised.

smiley Keep Smiling

Keep Writing xxx

Great night, sorry we had to leave early

new Terence Oblong Thankyou to organises. Fab: evening,great to hear readers and meet all.around the tables. We got back trains undergound tubes. Mid-night,but four of us laughing, I was offered low seat twice,can't sit on,so stood, my friend and I laughing our heads off,she saying men always stood up for ladies in our times,and opened doors and put coats on,and walk on the inside of them.Girl's saying oh really.Then got onto evening,AbcTales we didn't care,chatting about Editor all we met, and where we had been, evening sounded all posh!.Sorry you had to go. x Cavalcader l julie xx
New Blighters rock Hello! 1st great evening by our compere Editor T.cook Tony AbcTales. Filled up after 7pm.Poured hard here and foggy,bit off before came,then crown it all Gatwick on the train announced over tanoy owing to a suitcase on the front of the train,have to cut current off so as spirit one in prayers,I closed my eyes and prayed, that is soemthing I can do now? and said inwardly guard all the passengers,and get the train moving quick as we wouldn't got there! Yes,few minutes prayer answered again,tanoy announcement not as bad as exspected and the train could move on. What a fab: evening,strange I only answered,Silver-Spun's comment,re: poem I tried in ten minutes,and said I am like a butter? patt; has to be moulded and shaped into shape,like my aunt in civil service used to do,called "Breathless".You Blighters rock,stood up and did good one on "Utterly Butter-ly" what is the title so I can read and laugh again brill; Well if your 1st time was good.Laughed so much.But it has to be "Gristo" aye the teacher of memory,did Peterborough,what a memory.I only had lemonade but was like drunk in the spirit,I put reading glasses on go to the loo.Hardly see where going.Now I know who you are,course great story "The Plasterer" my belated pop,was sign writer painter and decorator. Every one read so well,but some I couldn't quite hear,must been hearing aid.My friend went to London on own for day,and we met up there,as mine x B/Rail so well get free on train.I said to much,that can be nerves to.We met guy drawing on victoria train four seats we had,great asked to see brill; ends up did poems,so looked bit worse? than me told him of AbcTales really interested. great meeting all being able to so many,all so nice. We got home mid-night.People in circles on edge of the platform as we got off the underground tubes,we nearly went on track as changing from tubes a guy said mind the way,me too.Escue me,excuse me please I shouted. Brilliant writers and readers, thanks to Tony, RJ Newlyn and any organizers.Wont' cant get Bristol,why not Brighton or nearer to Even bought souvenir oxford street,for daughter and hubby.We don't know that part London Ray had my train pass he gone I was calling his name.Walks so fast, then appeared,he has to be my puppy dog, and take me.Anywhere to far,or holidays b/b.for years. Well for 1st time reader you threw your voice very good,great meeting all.Tired just corrected spelling mistakes.Good luck.really funny my hubby got me stopped clock here,I was reading out 3 minutes how could I say something,hello! maybe and nice to see you.But gathered pace went well here,he told me to use red enamel nail varnish,looked to bright,so got up and removed in the middle of the night? On the day with central heating had to be done,I lost shoe the in rack,or stacked in carrrier bags,I searched twice my last chance look shoe rack pull out,black shoes right out,there it was with the buckle on.I suggested I'd pop my Cat tail,mask cuffs and gloves, in a bag put on there,as previously used in 1st base,and all was put on a screen,all homeless in.No! No you can't do that he said. x Cavalcader l is a mistake can't erase. julie x
new broosh! Yes,great evening great compere Tony,good readers and stories. Where did you sit? Was it with Alex_Tomlin. Can you describe what you wore please. Can't make Bristol,to far me,unles stayover B/B. julie x Cavalcader l xx
new Alex-Tomlin Yes,Great evening and to hear you read and all,super night.Great readers pomes and stories,and friends met all,as Tony Editor and compere gave out. Thanks. julie x cavalcader l x
Yes, it was all very life affirming. Best thing I've been to in ages and looking forward to the next one. Many thanks to Insert for suggesting the venue and Blighters for sorting it out. I'm just glad the amp didn't catch fire ... Rob

A very good night. I came, being unsure what to expect and was impressed. I think the most important thing was the confirmation (though we shouldn't really need it) that a person reading their own works adds considerable value. Poems that had flown by me when I read them took on a whole new depth of meaning when delivered by the author. Tony told me that he was likely to award some belated cherries after hearing things delivered as they should be. Thus, a result all round. It's good to be reminded that storytelling is, in essence, meant to be a companionable experience. Helvigo Jenkins

Helvigo Jenkins

new h jenkins Hi! great night good Editor and compere t.cook Tony. Met once hear for mugs great.Glad you enjoyed yourself.Good readings,and meeting all whre did you sit,what colours you in.Hope get a cherry! for neighbour's cat poem "Green Eyes" Jazz acceptional cat. I have just updated poem readings high,how do I get it register again withou loosing high readings please. have good week-end. julie x cavalcaderl x
Well. Rob Newlyn's amp didn't break, as he'd promised it would, so I felt a bit let down about that, but otherwise I had a lovely time - it was really interesting to put names to faces, and there were some brilliant readers - I'm so glad you all decided to come! Thank you to Rob and blighters for organising, and tony of course!

Hi Cavalcaderl I was sitting on the table immediately behind where you were sitting, with my wife, son and good friend, Richard. I was wearing a dark jersey and dark trousers, if that helps. You came over and spoke to us and gave my son a copy of your poems. We all enjoyed your reading, by the way. Bruce
New broosh Hi! So sorry,yes remember meeting you all, your wife and son and Richard.And when left the poem,but WilkyBarkid stood by,it was name for moment,glad you like poem,(IP) did get cherry! It was my coat I had on poem. Nice meet you all,great evening got home mid-night. Tubes undergrounds, and Victoria train,and my friend three of us,but they ran on as only five minutes get to the platform. Coming up Gatwick tanoy announcement suit case been put on track in front of train,so I closed my eyes and prayed safety passengers,few minutes tanoy went not as bad as thought, so current not cut off? my hubby Ray said "we won't make it get there,gave out train moving on great.Who was the man tall white beard and mac?sometimes hearing aid didn't always hear sorry.Ye,s I remember the jumper and colour and glasses and a little goat beard chin.Who was the lady read part story from book. opologies. Glad meet you all and reading your stories.Pleased coming again. julie x cavalcaderl
Hi Cavalcaderl Glad you got home safely. Look forward to seeing you at the next event. Bruce
new broosh Hi! broosh maybe hubby Ray noow re-tired,younger than me,and is Captain of Snooker team,I don't travel far,see if he is free.Well cact came in,must got through owner's cat flap. He Jazz must get cherry! from 2009 added to now as honour and permission read belongs to him. thanks cavalcader julie x
What a great night! I really enjoyed getting to come out and meet so many members of the site. ABCtales has made a massive difference to my writing and it was great to see and hear so many different styles - it was also great to get to read my stuff out - not sure whether it always makes sense on the page. :) Thanks so much to Rob and Blighters for putting the event on!
A very good evening, well organised and very warm and friendly. Firstly I would like to apologise for being late - I was so nervous reading I forgot any polite patter, so I didn't mean to be rude. I really enjoyed the wide range of readings, (apart from my own! - but it was great experience, I felt better for taking part). Thanks to 'insert' for the invite, I am def interested in going to another one. Thanks everyone!
Damn, I'm envious, wish I could have been there. 15th March eh? I wonder. Would love to see you again Tony and everybody else old and new. Though there doesn't seem to be many of the old crowd about these days. What happened to them all?

Sounds fun, hope that one day, ABC will come oop north 'waves' :-)

As someone who has now officially transferred from south to north I second that emotion. Any other northern abctalers in the house?
Thanks Rock, yes nosy boyfriend necessitated rapid removal of my diaries. It's hard to be invisible when you're not.

Last to get here as usual - big thanks to Tony and the people whp put this on Good venue, a fun night, more, more...

ashb

Topic locked