Teenage Albums

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Teenage Albums

Even calling them albums shows my age! Ho Hum.

Still, we can all recall those days of angst and wonder - and I've been playing the Avril Lavigne album 'Let Go' this morning. I think it's terrific - and I'm the kind of person who listens to World, Classical or Jazz music by and large - but every now and them I love a bit of pop.

I think it's one of the very best teenage angst albums ever. Do you know better?

Shania Twain began the massive number of Canadian singers, like Avril, to take the world by storm. So many are so good, like Celine, oh la la.
Richard L. Provencher
Screamager by Therapy? was a vital part of my teenage years. It's about the angstiest album I know.

No one seemed angst ridden when I was a teenager except me. I used to watch 'Rebel Without a cause' and 'The Breakfast Club' and wish that the teenagers at my school were cool or angst ridden and romantic like the teens in John Hughes movies but they were not. The soundtrack to my teenage years was not rock and roll, it was awful, mindless rubbish like 2 Unlimited 'No Limit' and MC Hammer so I spent most of my Teenage years immersing myself in the culture of the past. My favourite song about being a teenager: At Seventeen - Janis Ian http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypn9oKaO-3E
If you can admit it I can - I'm With You and Complicated are brilliant tracks - I'm with you in particular is a classic teen angst tune. All the Smiths tracks - Johnny Marr was 18 or 19 when they formed.

Paper Roses. Marie Osmond. #She had it all!

you just made me laugh out loud celticman

Everything by the Shangri-la's, I suppose. They're one of my favourite groups of all time and specialized in dramatic tales of teen tragedy. The Shangri-La’s – I can never go home anymore http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYdr-MslXkw
Ah. The tragi-teen song. There were so many. This was one of my favorites. Tell Laura I Love Her by Ray Peterson. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H36EN74d9w

Jewel Pieces of you or indeed any Jewel album

Sixteen stone by Bush. Still love it. And my god, Pieces of you by Jewel, she has never come close to replicating that album i think, great stuff.

SundaysChild
Anonymous's picture
The album 'Placebo' by Placebo...one of the tracks is actually called 'Teenage Angst'. There's deeper music, no doubt- but for me, and what it taps into, it does so sublimely. Takes me back to being 18 and needing to smoke a joint before I could face the world.
Popped in, Souled Out by Wet, Wet, Wet. One of the greatest debut albums ever.

Early Billy Bragg! Brewing up with Billy Bragg and Lifes a Riot With Spy vs Spy. Every tune is a classic. And also because he's a mate.

Anything by Alexisonfire, AFI, Jimmy Eat World, or Green Day always got me feeling good and angsty. The Get Up Kids were winners for that too. More recently, The Wonder Years, The Story So Far, and Transit always take me back to being 16/17/18 years old and an absolute whinge.

Alice Cooper's 'School's Out' album - a song cycle that deals with teenage lust, gangs, parental pressure and the sense of hopelessness and isolation you experience when you realise that, after being in the classroom for more than half your life, it's finally time to wave goodbye to your friends and step out into that big, bad world.
Nirvana, Nevermind. An Album that changed music Green day, dookie. punk at its raw best Guns N Roses, Appetite for Destruction, nothing better than this. this may be to heavy for some of you but albums which shaped a generation. classics. enjoy. cheers S