Chicken and Egg (an extremely simple Easter themed card game for 2 or 3 players) Also: 3 Guesses Board Game for little kids
Sat, 21 Mar 2015
Chicken and Egg (Easter Themed Card Game. Hope I've explained it clearly)
- There are 30 cards in the Chicken and Egg deck. 12 of them have pictures of Easter Eggs on them; 12 have pictures of spring chicks on them. There are also 6 cards with Easter Bunnies on them that are like "Wild cards", they can be either Chickens or Eggs.
- First the cards are shuffled and then 15 cards are dealt, face down, to each player. (10 cards each if there are 3 players)
- Now player A puts down a starter card with either an egg or a chicken on it (If he puts down an Easter Bunny he must say whether its an Egg or a Chicken).
- Now say that he has put down an egg card, then Player B must put down a chicken card; then player A must put down another egg card; then player B must put down another chicken card and so on until one of the players can’t put down the right card*.
- *Why wouldn't they be able to put down the right card? : If the card you need to put down is, for example an egg card but you have no more egg cards left in your hand (and no Easter Bunny cards either) then you have no card to put down.
- If the starter card is a chicken then it’s the reverse; chicken; egg; chicken; egg etcetera until one of the players can’t put down the right card.
Three Guesses – Easy to play board game for little kids
- There are two decks of cards – The “Square cards” and the “Guessing cards”.
- There is also a board with 36 squares on it.
- Each square upon the board has one of 6 shapes upon it; the shapes are all one of 6 colours and in the centre of 18 of these coloured shapes is printed one of 6 symbols – A key; a cat; a golden crown; a love heart; a star or a silver bell but in the centre of 18 of them is a number from 1 to 6.
- On each of the “Square Cards” is a picture of one of the squares on the board.
- On each of the “Guessing cards” are three clues and all of the clues are like this, “I am an animal beginning with E” or “I am a country beginning with R”, basically, all the clues on the guessing cards are “I am a something beginning with this letter of the Alphabet”.
- How To Play:Firstly player A draws a card from the “Square Card Deck” but doesn’t show player B which square on the board it is. Then player A draws a card from the “Guessing cards deck” and tells player B the three clues that are on the guessing card. If Player B guesses the first clue correctly then Player A tells them which shape is on the square that is on the card; if they guess the second clue correctly then Player A also tells them the colour of the square that is on the card, they then have two ways of winning; either they guess the third clue on the “Guessing card” correctly or, looking at the squares on the board, they use the colour and the shape to guess the symbol or number on the square.
- Each time they guess the square correctly, a player wins “The square card”. The player with the most “Square cards” after 6 rounds wins the game.