Disappearing cross trick (Origami magic trick)–
Mon, 30 Sep 2013
- Put an eight page concertina (Zig-Zag) fold into a vertical A4 sheet of paper.
- It should now be divided by three creases into four horizontal sections which we will call, for convenience, Section A (Top section) Section B (Second from the top) Section C (Third section) and Section D (Bottom section).
- Now, holding the sheet of paper vertically, fold the underside of section D over the underside of section C.
- Now draw a thick dark vertical line down the middle of section A and a similar line down the middle of section D.
- Now bring the bottom crease up to meet the top crease. The two vertical lines should now be touching so that they look like one line.
- Now disguise the edge of the crease that separates them by drawing a thick dark horizontal line along it.
- All the lines, together, should now look like a Saint Georges cross.
- Finally, to make the cross disappear, cover section D with section A and then lift up section D and A together so that you now only see the undersides of sections C and D and it should look like the cross has vanished leaving a blank sheet of paper.
- ADDITIONAL NOTE: You could also draw a picture on the undersides of sections C and D rather than end the trick with a blank page. It’s up to you.