Sun, 09 Mar 2014
- There are two teams of 7. The dragons and the runners.
- The dragon team stand in a vertical line across the field of play.
- There should be at least 3 metres between each of the members of the dragon team.
- Opposite the member at the front of the vertical line is a horizontal line, drawn on the ground (the entrance to the cave). The Runner team stand behind that line.
- Behind the member of the dragon team at the end of the vertical line is another horizontal line, drawn in the ground (the exit to the cave). The members of the runner team have to reach and cross this line.
- But in order to reach and cross the line behind the dragon team, the runners have to get past the dragon team.
- One at a time, members of the runner team cross the horizontal line.
- First they must avoid being tagged by the first member of the dragon team (the head of the dragon). Then they must get past the second member of the dragon team (the first claw of the dragon) without being tagged; then the third member (second claw); then the fourth member (third claw); then the fifth member (fourth claw) then the sixth member (fifth claw)and, finally the seventh member (the tail).
- Each time a runner gets past a member of the dragon team, they are safe as long as they stay in the 3 metre zone between Dragon team members. This gives them time to catch their breath and think before moving forward again.
- The Dragon Treasure: Runners can double the teams points if one of them can get the dragon treasure (represented by a ball or some other item, for example The Dragon Dice* - see Rule 14) past the dragon, without being tagged or dropping the ball.
- Each runner caught by the dragon scores the dragon team a point. Each runner who gets past the dragon scores the runner team a point.
- Dragon tag is a game of two halves. In the second half of the game, runners and dragons switch roles.
- The team with the most points at the end of a game is the winning team.
- In the event of a Draw: If both teams get the same number of points then one team elects to be green and another team elects to be blue and then they must throw a large, soft six sided dice up in the air called a Dragon Dice and allow it to fall on the ground. The dragon dice has two colours on it, blue and green (three blue sides and three green sides). If they roll blue, one team wins; if they roll green, the other team wins.