Magic Broomstick trick (I thought this would be one suitable for Halloween) Plus: How to knock on an invisible door. Also, how to make "Magic" prediction sticks. Plus Plus: Prediction Box idea
- Get a broom stick with a slanting head (a broom head that is not flat but slanted in one direction or the other)
- Holding the broomstick loosely (in one hand) by the handle, bounce it upon its bristles.
- As you should notice the broomstick will only bounce in the direction in which the broom head is slanted.
- The effect: It feels as if the broom has a mind of its own because it bounces determinedly in the direction it wants to. Turn the slanted head towards you, for example, and it will always bounce towards you as if it likes you.
- How you can use this trick: Tell someone that it’s a psychic witch’s broom and that the direction that it bounces in indicates something or, alternatively, pretend it’s a method for detecting Witch’s and turn the slanted head towards the person you wish it to bounce towards or say “Broom? Who is the fairest in all the land?” and have it bounce towards you. Basically, there are lots of things you can do with this trick.
Plus: How to knock on an invisible door –
For this you will need a magicians fake thumb tip (available from Amazon or from any good magic shop as well as some joke shops)
Wearing the thumb tip you mime knocking upon a door while simultaneously knocking upon the thumb tip with the knuckles nearest to your fingertips (your distal interphalangeal joints).
Hearing the knocking sound (but not seeing the thumb tip) it will appear to others as if you are knocking upon an invisible wooden door.
Also: How to easily make Magic Prediction Sticks –
Take three Ice- Lolly/(US:Popsicle) sticks.
Bottom Front: On the bottom of the front of each stick, place a green sticker.
Top Front: On the top of each front, place either a red sticker, a blue sticker or a yellow sticker.
Top Back: Turning the sticks over now, on the top back of each stick write either A, B or C
Once you have done that you are ready to do your prediction trick.
Holding up the sticks in front of a spectator but only showing them the backs of the sticks, ask them to pick either A, B or C adding that you have predicted that they will choose the colour green.
Now, which ever stick they pick, A, B, or C, turn it upside down and then turn it round, showing them the green sticker that (remember) you placed upon the bottom.
If they then suspect that all three of the sticks have green stickers on, turn the other two sticks round (without turning them upside down) to show them the tops of the other two sticks (remember that you put a red, blue and yellow sticker at the top of the three sticks)
Idea for a Magical prediction box
A prediction box is cube shaped.
Each of the six walls of the prediction box can open to reveal a compartment.
Inside each compartment is a card with a different prediction.
The magician asks a person to choose between six things.
Whatever they choose, the magician turns the box so that the compartment containing the prediction that matches their choice is facing upwards and, pretending that it is the lid of the box, opens it and reaches into it, taking out the prediction.
Each face of the box should have a different magical looking symbol upon it (or perhaps be a different colour) so that the magician can tell the difference between them; all he need do is remember which magical symbol (or colour) corresponds with which prediction.