Proverbs/Aphorisms/Thoughts/Phrases/Words I can’t throw away
1) True happiness is our ability to deal with sadness.
2) The child that does not value its youth is like the child that does not pay attention in class-they will struggle with the test of age
3) Fear is a lense through which the world is magnified beyond its real proportions.
4) Hope is always increased by the number of the hopeful.
5) In order to know what you truly need you must first know what you truly have
6) Those who know the least find it easiest to judge
7) Often,a great miracle is the sum of many small ones
8) The person who faces their pain can bear much but the person who tries to hide from pain will never be free of it.
9) Peace and time speak best to those who ignore all other methods of persuasion.
10) Who can know the world that does not know himself?
11) Place chaos infront of a mirror and you create a butterfly.
12) Everytime a person listens to the voice of Love, Love’s voice becomes louder.
13) Journeys teach us the value of home.
14) Neither beasts nor men know the true value of gold; beasts value it too little and men value it too highly.
15) A man considers himself superior to a fish until his boat sinks.
16) It is often easier to tell a convincing lie than it is to convince people of the truth.
17) Evil dwells in destitution; prospers through poverty; feeds upon famine and flourishes upon sickness. Evil loves hate; takes pleasure from our pain; joy from our sadness and life from our destruction. Evil is freed by slavery and made powerful by weakness. Evil is the enemy of our unity because our unity is the disintegration of evil.
18) A happy destination makes a happy journey; a happy purpose makes a happy life.
19) Foolish men will use all their strength to defend a weakness; all their knowledge to defend an ignorance and all their courage to defend a fear.
20) Hate often forges the hand of god but the true mark of god is love.
21) If beating your own head can make you no wiser then why should beating another’s head make them wise.
22) Sacred universal truths, such as the truth of love, are too large to be concealed; it is easier to put out the eyes of the sun or suffocate the air itself than to hide the truth of love. It’s easier to hold your breath from dusk till dawn than to keep the mouth of love from speaking. Love is living truth and would make itself an ear rather than be forgotten.
23) Dishonest men know little of the truth.
24) Those who dip their flags in innocent blood have no nation, those who dip their bible in innocent blood have no faith; those who paint their skins with innocent blood have no race; they themselves are no more than an evil spot of blood upon their race, faith and nation.
25) Within our Children may be our redemption.
26) Knowledge may be accumulated quickly but wisdom can only be arrived at gradually.
27) It is a sad truth that most people will more easily put their trust in a familiar fool than a wise stranger.
28) Like the hand that plays Patience, Time puts everything in order
29) Some strive to be admired; others strive to be admirable
30) The Devil can also walk on water. It is not wonders that make a prophet but whether or not he speaks the truth.
31) He that is constantly looking over his shoulder will constantly bump into things.
32) A world that is equally shared by all is equally cherished.
33) Nations are only the dreams of men and when nations, like dreams, fade; only the undivided world shall remain.
34) Try to be a friend rather than a master. Unto friendship all good things shall yield.
35) Some have minds like torch beams and illuminate only a small part. Others have minds like the sun and illuminate the whole world.
36) There is a need for imperfection. If the hare was perfect then the wolf would starve.
37) The fool is certain; the certain man locks the door and throws away the key. The wise man is uncertain; he keeps hold of the key.