Random Ideas: Conjurors Vanishing table/Spiral Bound Notebook Trick/Half-vanishing letter secret message method/Encryption Microphones/decryption earphones/(Probably impossible) water extraction tower
Conjurors Vanishing table idea –
1. First let me explain my idea using an ordinary conveyor belt. On the top side of the conveyor the belt is solid, there is no opening or trap door. On the underside of the conveyor the conveyor belt has a trap door.
2. Thus when the conveyor belt moves round, bringing the underside to the top the trap door is at the top.
3. Now say that a conjurors table had a conveyor belt that moved round it. At the beginning of the trick, there would be no trapdoor at the top of the table and the magician could place an object on it and show people; “Look there is no opening at the top of the table”.
4. Then, after the magician has lifted the object up and while he is diverting the audience’s attention the conveyor belt comes round, bringing the part of the conveyor belt with the trap door in it to the top.
5. Now, the magician can place the object over the trapdoor, cover it up and make it disappear
Cheap and Simple Spiral Bound Notebook Prediction Trick
- The magician has a special spiral bound notebook at the centre of which, instead of its two centre pages, are two cardboard covers identical to the two on the outside.
- This means that the magician can simply open the notebook at the centre and turn it inside out and it will look just the same.
- Furthermore, like most cheap spiral bound notebooks, if you flip this over, the back and front covers look the same.
- Thus a magician can write four predictions in the notebook, then ask a person to make a choice out of four things; then, depending on what the person chooses, the magician can either show them the prediction written on the first page or flip the notebook round and show them the prediction written on the last page (which will look like the first page) or turn the notebook inside out and then show the audience member the new first page or (flipping it round again so that it looks like the front) the new back page
- Note: The covers could be white round the edges so that, between two sheets of paper, they are not visible.
Also: Half vanishing letter - secret message method
A secret message is written in normal ink, then round about the words of the message are written words in vanishing ink to hide the message. When the vanishing ink disappears the real message will reveal itself. Note: Vanishing ink can be obtained from a lot of novelty shops and some vanishing inks can last for up to an hour before disappearing.
Spy-Idea : Encryption Microphones and De-encryption Earphones and how these could be used on the battlefield
1. Two spies are wearing earphones and have microphones.
2. When they speak into their microphones the microphones encode their words.
3. To anyone listening they just sound as if they are speaking gibberish.
4. But their earphones decode what comes out of the microphones therefore both spies understand each other.
5. Now, say these encryption microphones and earphones were worn, either as headsets or built into helmets, by soldiers on the battlefield. They would be able to talk to each other without anyone understanding them.
6. This doesn’t seem like a silly idea to me because the army already have ways of encrypting radio and telephone communications and this is merely taking that idea to the level of communicating in close proximity; across a room or in the midst of combat
Tower for extracting water from the air
Perhaps people could get fresh water by, just as clouds are formed, condensing water vapour that’s in the air with tall towers that collect and cool the water vapour and then, just like rain, water could run down into the body of the tower which would be a storage tank.