Ideas: Ideo-Motor Response Controlled Machines; Lenticular Image Prediction Cards/Quick Disappearance/Transformation/Teleportation Idea. Also: Gradual Transformation idea.
Conjuring Idea: Ideomotor Response Controlled Machines/ Mind Reading Machine Illusion/Super-Gloves
- Pendulums, Ouija Boards and Dowsing Rods were fine for Victorians but, in this high-tech digital age, why not create electrical/mechanical devices which can be controlled by ideo-motor response; controlled by the tiny muscle movements in our hand/body when we think about something rather than large actions; a type of button that can be pushed without appearing to push it.
- Why? Because it would look magical. Like the device/object was reading and obeying your thoughts
- For example- Just imagine that you had an electrical/mechanical trick wand that changed colour. Wouldn’t it look more magical if it changed to a certain colour just by thinking of that colour OR electrical/mechanical objects that, held in the palm of your hand, seemed to move exactly as you want them to move just because your controlling them with subconscious movements in your hand.
- And, best of all, if you could create an ideo-motor response controlled electrical/mechanical device then you could create lots of objects that really appear to read the minds of your audience.
- Now, to take the idea to another level entirely, what if you had gloves that were actually remote controls activated by ideo-motor response. Then, just by thinking, you would be able to control remote controlled objects and appear truly telekinetic.
Conjuring Idea – Lenticular Image prediction cards
1.You have three cards printed using the lenticular printing process and, depending upon how you hold them they all say either “This is NOT the card you will pick” or “This IS the card you will pick”
2. Now you ask someone to pick between the three cards and, whichever one they pick, you show it to them tilting it so that it reads “This IS the card you will pick”.
3. Then to prove you’re not cheating, you show them the other two lenticular cards, tilting them so that they read “This is NOT the card you will pick”
Conjuring Idea -Quick Disappearance/Transformation and how this could be used for a Quick teleportation trick
- A curtain is lowered in front of magician
- Two assistants are hanging onto the back of the curtain as it is lowered.
- They step off of the curtain.
- The magician hangs onto the curtain and it is raised, pulling him up.
- The rising curtain reveals two assistants instead of the magician
- USE OF THIS METHOD FOR A TELEPORTATION TRICK:
- This time when the curtain is lowered it is one of two curtains at either end of the stage, Curtain A and Curtain B. The magician is standing behind curtain A.
- When they are lowered a rope is also lowered behind curtain A.
- The magician hangs onto the rope and is pulled up to an overhead bridge like platform.
- He walks across the bridge till he is standing above the lowered curtain B.
- Hanging onto another rope he is lowered behind curtain B.
- Now both curtains (and both ropes) are raised to show that the magician has magically teleported from one side of the stage to the other.
Conjuring Idea: Gradual Transformation Illusion Idea using back projection
- Effect: A screen is dropped in front of an assistant; a light comes on behind the screen making her shadow visible through the screen and the audience sees her shadow gradually metamorphosize into animal form, the light goes off; the screen is lifted and an animal is now behind the screen.
- How: What the audience saw was not the assistants shadow but a back projection. The assistant escaped through a trapdoor before the projector was switched on and the animal was put in her place just after the projector was switched off.