The Riddle of the Two Cans/ Also: Impossible Boxes Magic Trick (That you can make at home)
In front of you are two cans; Can A and Can B.
In front of you are also two labels, one which says “snake bite be deadly?” and another which says “Yes it”.
Which label do you put upon which Can and why?
Can A snake bite be deadly?
Yes it Can B.
Impossible boxes magic trick (that you can make at home)
- Get two white rectangular boxes.
- Upon each of the 4 rectangular sides of each box write these words Good, Evil, Good, Evil
- Now place one box with the side marked Good facing up and one box with the side marked Evil facing up.
- Now, turning the boxes both only one face at a time you will find that you can never get them to face the same way up.
- However, if you start with both boxes facing up the same way (both with the side marked Good facing upwards or both with the side marked Evil facing upwards) and turn them round you can, turning them one face at a time, get them to face the same way up.