Sound Based Perpetual Motion Idea (Also: Possible Thermoactivated magic tricks).
Sound Based Perpetual motion idea:
- A generator converts sound (or vibrations) into electricity.
- The electricity powers an instrument that produces a loud noise.
- The generator converts the loud noise into electricity.
- The electricity powers the instrument that produces the loud noise.
- And so on and so forth, ad infinitum.
Possible Thermoactivated Magic Tricks
- Effect: The magician escapes from prison by making prison bars magically bend. How: The bars are made from a memory metal that is heated up by a device built into the prison.
- Effect: The magician makes a rope rise up/a sheet levitate. How:They have memory wire in them and there is a heater in the floor.
- Effect: The magician places three blank cards into three boxes. His audience member picks one and a tick appears on the card in that box. How: The cards all have ticks on them, made in white thermochromatic paint. When the audience member picks a box, the magician pushes a button which makes that box heat up so that the thermochromatic paint changes colour and the tick appears. (One could also do this trick with memory metal objects).
- Effect: The magician makes a sculpture of a wilting flower turn into a sculpture of a blooming flower. How: The sculpture is made of memory metal, it has been bent and twisted to make it look as if it is wilting but heat makes it return to its original shape.
- Effect: A box or an object is crushed but then magically restores itself. How: The object is made of a mesh of memory wire, easy to crush but will restore itself when heated up.
- Effect: A magic carpet/scroll that rolls itself back up. How: Memory wire in the carpet or in the paper of the scroll.
7. Effect: The Magician amazingly escapes from manacles/handcuffs without a key. How: the manacles/cuffs have memory metal parts within them and instantly unlock with the application of heat.
8. Effect: An ordinary wire unravels to solve an intricate maze. How: The wire is memory wire that was originally threaded through the maze (or forged to fit within the maze) when the wire is heated up it returns to its original intricate shape.
9. Memory Wire knots can tie/untie themselves when heated so why not create intricate things which are woven from memory wire like Spiders Webs/Tapestries that will magically reweave themselves.
10. Effect: A rope is tied to the handle of an object and magically curls itself up, pulling or lifting that object. How: Again, the rope has memory wire woven into it (or is it possible to have a rope that is completely woven from memory wire?) and so curls up when it is heated, lifting or pulling the object.
11. Memory Metal instant heat shields/barriers (Non-Conjuring Idea) - When there is an explosion or a fire, the heat triggers memory metal barrier/shield to unfold and protect people.
12. Memory Metal Secret Messages - An innocent looking metal object is heated up and it automatically transforms into a metal tablet bearing a secret inscription.
13. Memory Metal Love Rings- Memory metals are very romantic because they remember just like a love is remembered, so why not give memory metal rings as love tokens.