Ten things seen [in my immediate environment]
1. Six bananas on one stalk, two at the back allow two at the front to rest on them, cradling them like grandparents - lean back, you’re safe here. Two at the side swing out weeeee carefree like on a rope swing.
2. The hob cleaner and surface cleaner. They stand close to each other pumped up, ready for action. Their colours are reversed blue, white, white, blue - the same but different. They are intimate, they are lovers, they are friends. They face away from me. I feel like I’m intruding by looking at them.
3. The 3D circle I made using folded paper. It has two longer sections that have splayed out, they look like legs, like Humpty Dumpty, like it’s going to jump off the wall and walk around having a look at other rooms, other places, at other made things.
4. The stitch work on my table, it's red lines look like a welt, a wound, a mouth. It has no eyes but one strand of hair. It wants out of the grey. But also its serene, could be some grass, a field, some flowers, if it wants.
5. My phone wire, coiled into the figure of eight, reminds me of majorettes and the low gusset on my tan tights, making the curved shape and throwing my stick up high, too high, in the air.
6. The feather duster resting by the wall. It reminds me of a cardigan I once had, that was furry, caught things in it.
7. The pack of vitamins that look like a drawbridge being opened.
8. The splash marks of paint on the image, it looks like stars, galaxies, universes, other places. A cup of tea spilled.
9. The stitch marks, they look like hairs, like a moustache, armpit hair. A growing thing.
10. The black threads that form lines, legs, forming itself as it takes steps, taking, gathering the fabric with it.